[Sun] 24 May 2015 (For Science!)

How we died (in the future)
Leander

Re: [Sun] 24 May 2015 (For Science!)

Post by Leander »

Sparks wrote:This then gave the attackers a pretty solid view of our backs at the base of the hill and we wound up pinned and then perforated (and it didn't help that one of those not-a-single-fuck-to-give rabbits was hopping about near me, making me think we had close contact instead of being under fire from the ridgeline), and command fell microseconds later, without taking even a single enemy with them or us. When even Ferrard is left saying "Yikes", you know it's gone badly...
Woah, that last bit when you were to east of me was peaceful for you. I was completely suppressed during that whole time and kept wondering "HOW DOES HE NOT DIE OVER THERE?!?" ...which explains my desire to just get out of there.

madrak_the_red
Host

Post by madrak_the_red »

Sparks wrote:
someone lobbed in a 40mm grenade from 400m out and I was down a grenadier and an AR
Eagle-eye. It was Eagle-eye. He was most proud
TURN OUT FOR WHAT

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Leander spotted OPFOR first, but while we were relaying information up and down the line from Alpha Squid, someone lobbed in a 40mm grenade from 400m out and I was down a grenadier and an AR. Mental note: spread the bleep out.
So my weapons squad was sitting on hill south of your position. I was hiding behind a rock with my rangefinder looking down onto the road, and I noticed an enemy AR hidden in a bunch of rocks off to the side of the road. He was staring right at me, but about 400m away and with no optics I wasn't sure could he see me. I called in to command and put down a map marker as the rest of my team looked around for him. What followed was a ~45 second discussion of "can he see us", "no way", "i think hes looking right at us", "nah were too far away, 400m".

Seeing as no bullets were incoming we decided to maybe creep forward and get into a better firing position. I thought, now is the time to zero my GL so that it will be useful later. Just as I do that, the enemy starts to move, and this time I am sure he has seen us. "Oh crap hes moving, one second I have an idea". Possibly my best UGL shot I've ever taken, right into the rocks on top of the enemy. Of course then we moved forward and got chewed up by the rest of the enemy...
I was so proud I had to brag to madrak in the next mission while we cowered in a corner of our house hoping not to get killed by the incoming fire.
When even Ferrard is left saying "Yikes", you know it's gone badly...
From success to failure with the second PvP map. I really need to stop taking any sort of command when it comes to defending positions. Whenever I have done so the enemy attack from the least convenient position. Although i think A1 were a bit unlucky, If things had gone the other way, A1 would have had a nice position in which to return fire.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Leander wrote:Woah, that last bit when you were to east of me was peaceful for you. I was completely suppressed during that whole time and kept wondering "HOW DOES HE NOT DIE OVER THERE?!?" ...which explains my desire to just get out of there.
I'm not sure if it was a case of them not seeing me, or them thinking they'd kill the guy with the AR first :P
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

pepper

Post by pepper »

Sparks wrote:We pushed north from the town up the hill, and then Netkev spotted an IFV and it was Pepper's TIME TO SHINE!

Anyway, after pepper finished missing the IFV with all of his rockets :fry:
Hmmpf, I decided to let him live in all my grace and kindness, killing the enemy isn't really my style lately!

Besides, the view was bopping up and down and up and down like a drunken man due to all the running netkev made us do!

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

Pepper wrote:Hmmpf, I decided to let him live in all my grace and kindness, killing the enemy isn't really my style lately!
We, your teammates, had noticed a certain familiarity to the rounds hitting us allright... :fry:
Besides, the view was bopping up and down and up and down like a drunken man due to all the running netkev made us do!
*cough*hold-breath-key*cough*
:laugh:

blip2
Host

Post by blip2 »

just going to leave this here:

crustycuffs

Post by crustycuffs »

Sparks wrote:and while I watched crustycuffs getting friendly-fired by the anti-Bormanov team, Netkev barrelled over the hill in the truck surprising the hell out of a few rabbits.
This scared the life out of me. But I survived!
Sparks wrote: We got back to town to the dulcet tones of the radio asking if that was a friendly tank they could see (Comrade. Seriously. Have you ever seen a friendly tank that wasn't on fire in our games? That's how you tell which tanks are friendly and which are not).
I was MAT in this, and this was my first firing of said glorious weapon! We received the ok to explode the target, I edged around, fired. It didn't die. Whilst reloading to have another go (because who wouldn't?) it blew up, so either it was delayed or someone else fired - but I suspect at this point most didn't have AT munitions.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

crustycuffs wrote:I suspect at this point most didn't have AT munitions.
At that point comrade, some of us didn't even have bullets...
(Thanks AJAX! :D )