[Tue] 28 May 2015 (How many satchels?!?)

How we died (in the future)
blip2
Host

[Tue] 28 May 2015 (How many satchels?!?)

Post by blip2 »

Missions:
  • Self Service
  • Lightning Strike
  • Air Raid
  • Manhunt
  • Shipping problems (afterparty)
  • Sky Rangers (afterparty)
26 comrades turned out today for a prominently mechanised escapade on Altis!

We started with a bit of "Self-service" where the AAF comprehensibly beat off the FIA advances and romped on to "Lightning Strike" where there was a lot of heavy weapons fire flying around. After an extended push on the two objectives, Grumpy took out the first SPAAG and Dabbo took out the second with every satchel charge he could lay his hands on (the party will invoice you for these later).

We then moved on to a new mission by eagle_eye, "Air Raid" where the NATO helicopters were successfully ambushed and the data stolen while under barrage by QRF infantry. Unfortunately NATO really didn't want that data in the wrong hands and several missiles later the retreating trucks were toast. The evening was closed out with a brief round of "Manhunt" and some shooty funtimes during the afterparty.

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - we even have a YouTube channel upon which we might throw some of your videos if you share them with us! More details can be found in this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by Comrade Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

Finally, some recommended reading for all comrades, new and old:

Tigershark

Re: [Tue] 28 May 2015 (How many satchels?!?)

Post by Tigershark »

Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

fer

Post by fer »

That was totally me a) being the first to die, b) having allowed my force to become so concentrated that it was vulnerable to grenades, and c) 'leading' FIA to be slaughtered by AAF (which experienced zero KIAs). Sorry, comrades.

:suicide:

For curious historians: I had wanted to a) keep my 2 fireteams together so they could support each other, and b) avoid entering the compound from the obvious northern routes (reasoning that we could approach upslope in defilade). There had been another part of my plan, which was to drop a lot of smoke on the compound before we breached. When I died, I was popping my head around the corner to see where my breaching FT should dash to under cover of the smoke. AAF, however, was going a stand-up job of covering the gaps in the perimeter.

madrak_the_red
Host

Post by madrak_the_red »

I had assaulted that base from that exact gap before, so I was intent on fixing my machinegun on it. And it paid off!

Self Service

A1 AR

Expected pitch darkness and pouring rain, we were instead greeted with lovely sunshine. Well, this should make things easier, I thought. Turns out, it did. Alpha 1 got into nice positions, I adopted a position in the tactical tube (tm) and we discussed the merits of tubes, rolling, and got all antsy from waiting. Then, Fer poked his head round the corner, I perforated it, and it was on. One quick burst into someone poking round to the right of the shed, and red team, me and Zitron, pulled back into the containters. I fired off some more suppressing bursts, and Zitron proceeded to slay bodies. I clipped another guy trying to come around from the north west, A2 fired some shots at guys outside the base, and all was quiet. Pushing forward, the amount of dead blufor we found was quite astounding. We also found pickers, wounded on the floor, but Bormanov managed to get him up. We then found the last remaining blufor bleeding to death in a bush, and Eagle_eye gave him the lords mercy :commissar:

Lightning Strike

IFV Commander with Gunner Scott and Driver/repairman Dabbo

One's situational awareness is somewhat reduced when you are crammed inside a metal box with a periscope. Nevertheless, we did manage to survive the whole mission despite numerous repairs, and not a single friendly was run over.

All started well, we followed behind the infantry in their hunters and pulled off into the trees to provide fire support, which we did. Pretty soon, a GP took out our tyres, so we repaired them. We were then engaged by an IFV, turning the hull to red. So we bailed, repaired, jumped back in and killed the IFV. We drove towards the depot, killed more infantry, got our tyres knocked out by another GP, repaired, and then had 4 rockets miss us in various ways, it seems from a lone AT ei guy back at the checkpoint. I actually saw one rocket fly right past the periscope. Luckily, he ran out of rockets and we shot the crap out of him. From there, more gunning down infantry running about, as well as taking down a HMG nest. Then, the helicopters showed up. They did a strafing run on us, but failed to kill us, so as they came around for another pass, Scott took them both out with the autocannon. A marid then showed up, which did cause us to bail as infantry took it out. Luckily, no-one was killed and the vehicle was repaired, and we continued on our merry way. Our merry way involved driving up to the town, shooting all the ei we could see, and then spotting the tigris. We put our last cannon rounds into it, but it didn't die, so we drove in, past remnants of A2. We parked up, Dabbo and I jumped out and as I ordered Dabbo to set all the satchels we had on this thing (I figured we'd take no chances) I ran over to A2 to ask if they wanted a lift. Then they ran off, the cheeky buggers.

So we drove out of there, blew the Tigris and then marveled at our kill count. IFV 4 EVR

Air Raid

A1 FTL

Sparks will be saddened to learn the choppers were not full of doctors. They were, however, full of angry soldiers, so after the successful shooting down of the helicopters we moved in to recover the data. And then an ei shot me in the face as we jogged towards them. Most rude.

I did then get to witness what followed, which included:

Zitron getting shot down by an A10 which was then immediately MANPAD-ed

Another A10 getting stuck on a runway.

Liberal use of the miniguns on the downed ghosthawk

Toaster attaching a scope as big as the rifle to his Katiba

One evac truck driving into a swamp, the other through two ei patrols and the finally in the waiting embrace of a blackfoot.

So despite my early death, the spectacle was entertaining.

Manhunt

Protection detail 1 AR

We set off toward Agios with officer Toaster, then set up positions around the meeting room as he shot at rabbits and left the area and caused the timer to restart. One threat of violence later and all was well and then, just as the meeting ended, opfor showed up. We scrambled for vehicles, jumped in a pick up and the opfor ran out into the road and shot us all to pieces. Still, the meeting had occured. Victory!
TURN OUT FOR WHAT

Leander

Post by Leander »

Grenades.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

madrak_the_red wrote:Sparks will be saddened to learn the choppers were not full of doctors.
Awwww :(
And it was such a lovely mission idea as well :(
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

zitron

Post by zitron »

The A-10 thing didn't kill the helicopter, it killed me, now it's personal :lol: . I think Zeus using A-10s against us is a bit much, especially two of them. Luckily one got stuck on the runway.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

zitron wrote:The A-10 thing didn't kill the helicopter, it killed me, now it's personal :lol: . I think Zeus using A-10s against us is a bit much, especially two of them. Luckily one got stuck on the runway.
Yeah, but overwhelming force in the QRF was an original central theme in that mission design. You're not supposed to try to defeat the QRF, and induced desperation is not a bug Comrade :D
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

blip2
Host

Post by blip2 »

zitron wrote:The A-10 thing didn't kill the helicopter, it killed me, now it's personal :lol: . I think Zeus using A-10s against us is a bit much, especially two of them. Luckily one got stuck on the runway.
Sorry, wasn't intentional! I just set it up to do a fly-by behind the choppers and hadn't realised you had moved south. I hope the general level of engagement/forces was ok, seemed busy from where I was sitting!

I did actually get two civilians to drive you some dodgy looking repair trucks so you evac with the helicopter but I guess you didn't see them in time!

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

]
Untitled-1.jpg
Untitled-1.jpg (40.04 KiB) Viewed 9883 times
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.