[Tue] 23 Jun 2015 (Raiding SuperÜ's Liquor Cabinet)

How we died (in the future)
audiox
Host

[Tue] 23 Jun 2015 (Raiding SuperÜ's Liquor Cabinet)

Post by audiox »

Tonight a peak of 26 Comrades came along for our funtimes.

Tonight we played :
  • Lands End
  • Rebel Alliance Part IV
  • Rebel Alliance Part V
  • Gator Raid
  • Fuel Charges
  • Rebel Alliance Part I
After-party :
  • Tank U Comrade
  • Shipping Problems
  • Zeus Sandbox

Please leave feedback to the mission makers in the mission making feedback threads.

As always, comments are most welcome below. Also, if you have a nice story be sure to tell it. Videos are always much appreciated, and will be appropriated by our propaganda departement if you tell us about them.

If you think commanding seems like fun, yet hesitate because you worry that you won't come up with a reasonable plan on such short notice, then check out our leadership programme.

If you want to test out an updater/launcher for all your mod needs look no further than our Comrade head's marvellous contraption.

Did you notice that some vehicles/players had way cool FA Tractors on them tonight? That's because of the power of our squad tags. Get yours whilst stocks last.

SuperU

Re: [Tue] 23 Jun (Raiding SuperÜ's Liquor Cabinet)

Post by SuperU »

*hick*

Good session guys!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/302 ... .05.13.jpg

*hick*

In all serious it was great, I especially loved how well A2 in the first mission cleared the building at the lighthouse complex it was so god damn spec ops we lost nobody!

Schismatrix

Post by Schismatrix »

GG you guys. Great fun :jihad:

boberro

Post by boberro »

Lands End
SuperU wrote:In all serious it was great, I especially loved how well A2 in the first mission cleared the building at the lighthouse complex it was so god damn spec ops we lost nobody!
Nobody but SuperU...
During pre-session, I was remote controlling (zeus powers) helicopter pilot, and for whole this mission all I heard was helicopter engine. Arma fun times.

Rebel Alliance Part IV, MMG Lead, I guess
This missions need so better names, I'm unable to tell them apart.
With Schismatrix, wondering over BI dlc policy, as gunner, we followed Bravo into empty (as it turned out) compound on the hill. It had tower great view on all area, unfortunately for some reason it's not possible to deploy gun parapets on top of it, so gun was deployed in the middle, while I observed from the top.
Armed strider was dealt with quickly, but something destroyed both Alpha and Bravo fireteams (and CO). I believe it was this two fireteams, that were hidden behind the rocks, in the ditch (so it was possible to see them only from top of the tower - MMG could not get them), right in the middle between Bravo (coming down from the hill) and Alpha (in the forest downhill). Acting CO didn't seem to believe me they are so close, and so I had to snipe them myself with my carbine (got 9 kills in that mission, so it might be that I was the only one shooting at them).

Rebel Alliance Part V, A2 FTL for like a minute
After last graphics update, my games crash a lot. After last Windows 10 update, I just have to restart the game, not system. Anyways, first minute into the game I had to reconnect, when I was back in ambush just started and my team was far away.
After the ambush A2 strolled all the way back to spawn point, to get our trucks. We took all of them. Since the road was straight and we were far from the destination (all other elements waiting for transport) I used my time to get into correct channel and report our progress. :fry: When I was back in the game, I was middle of the three-truck crash, and one of the vehicles was on fire. I still don't know why Bormanov decided to stop the truck and dismount it, because he was the one to explode and he used rest of this evening to bitch about how it was all my fault.
Long story short there was only one truck, but it doesn't matter, because enemy reaction forces came by the time we delivered transportation options, and regular battle started.
Since comrade Blip was far in front, away from the team and the battle I decided that A2 should join him, and since he had stolen repair truck, and enemies attacking him (he bravely dealt with it himself before we arrived) we had legitimate reasons to do that.
Mission ended inconclusively just as we got to the hideout with stolen truck.

Gator Raid, B1 AT
Can't really remember details from this one. We strolled through the woods, saved bravo from some sneaky bastards in the west then I shot down enemy Kajman with my RPG. Nothing special.

Fuel Charges, Attackfor A2 FTL
Strange stuff happened here. A2 was sent into the open, on elevate terrain to bring enemy's attention. When we were getting to our position, I was desperately trying to find any way out of this terrible situation, but as it turned out what look like mere little bush in the map, was actually quite nice set of trees. On the other hand angle of approach of A1 was obvious, so they all died quietly as soon as firing started (or so I believe).
Enemy started their cannonade with RPG, fortunately hurting only me, and managed to effectively scatter my fireteam. I believe that Suicideking was hero of the day - sniping enemy from the back, but eventually we all got gunned down.

Rebel Alliance Part I, MMG Lead
This mission is really easy to get killed in the first minute, if you're attacking head on instead of using teleport/vehicles. I never saw any CO not to attack head on. Fortunately this time I was able to convince the command to let MMG teleport to higher ground with some cover provided - shooting from 800 meters is not easy (had to explain where buildings to shoot at are, not talking about seeing enemies without binocs), but enemy was really nasty and their aim was true, so it was good choice.
We were able to disable enemy technical and kill/scare to death over a dozen enemies. When there was absolutely no one else to kill/spot from our hill, rest of the elements was already in the middle of the town. We started to descend the hill, but then CONCLUSIVE victory was triggered.

Image Image
Last edited by boberro on Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Good point about the names of the missions Bob, they have subtitles in the mission descriptor on the server, but most people wont get to see that as the host is choosing the mission. I may alter the names of the mission files so that we can differentiate them a bit better. (I didn't think they would get this much play time to be honest).

Lands End - FTL on the southern-spawn team
Unfortunately missed the last playthrough of this a few weeks ago due to me having to fix a broken mission, but the idea is intriguing. Was ordered by CO to hold off the enemy forces while the other team moved in to capture the lighthouse. Of course, it seemed obvious the enemy would do the exact same thing. Expecting close contact as we entered the woods north of our starting position, I got exactly that. Another enemy fireteam stumbled into view directly ahead, looking ever so slightly in the wrong direction. Some heavy fire and a grenade storm later we seemed to come out on top, and made haste toward the lighthouse. At this point we had the remaining enemies trapped in the barracks, and just as we breached the compound our victory was announced.

Rebel Alliance Part IV - Return of the Jedi B2 FTL
If anyone has been following the storyline to this mission, hopefully its all making a little bit of sense. A quick recap for those who haven't played:
  • Part 1: Order 66 - A short time ago, in a town on the outskirts of Kavala. A small AAF platoon captures a rebel held compound.
  • Part 2: The Empire Stikes - The CSAT Empire move to crush the rebel stronghold of Ald.. eh Orino
  • Part 3: A New Hope - The rebels' last chance to push CSAT out of their homeland.
  • And so we arrive at part IV, where as the CSAT empire prepare for a final strike on the rebel homeland, a glorious band of NATO rangers have the opportunity to strike before the enemy can fully prepare.
One disclaimer from the mission maker: The military base is a huge red-herring. It is mentioned in the briefing that the military base is abandoned, and as such it was completely empty (although it might not stay that way in future versions ;) ). What it however was not, was a nice safe base of fire. Enemy AI seem to be incredibly efficient at shooting human players whenever the humans are in what should be military grade fortifications. Unfortunately any of the military cargo outposts/houses/towers tend to be more trouble than they are worth, as bravo squad found out pretty sharpish. Alpha however seemed to fare a good deal better, and by the time the last few stragglers of Bravo made our way down the hill to our objective, they had done the majority of the grunt work and cleared the compound. Now its time for the rebels to go on the offensive!

Rebel Alliance Part V - Trade Negotiations CO
So, with the CSAT/AAF bad guys reeling from their recent defeats, the rebels (under the command of the NATO rangers) have the opportunity to steal some much needed supplies and gain traction in recovering their northern mountain homeland. Convoy missions are always an interesting thing in Arma. They can either go perfectly (destroy the IFVs/trucks in seconds) as we saw last night, or a single GMG reduces the entire squad to mushy parts. We had a pretty textbook assault today, and there was not much trouble securing the trucks for transport back to the hideout.

But thats where the second part of this mission kicks in. We don't often play missions in FolkARPS that involve moving the platoon under threat. So what better way to force it upon ourselves than right after a pitched battle involving fire and explosions and victory?

We now needed to get the trucks, and ourselves, back to the safe-zone. However multiple MRAPS and helicopters full of people were less than enthused about that. I think its fun every now and then to have to suffer a bit of a charlie foxtrot, but everyone performed pretty admirably (Apart from me forgetting most of my orders 2 seconds after giving them). In the end the rebels managed to secure one of the trucks back in their hideout, and simultaneously prove to CSAT that they are a force to be feared. Further daring convoy raids are being planned for the near future, but the AAF are not about to back down just yet, as we may find out in Part VI - Stormtroopers.

Gator Raid Bravo Squad Lead
Straight off the bat, I was sure bravo was in for a bad time, trekking through the bottom of a valley, only to storm a hilltop fortress with 200m of open ground between us and them. Turns out it actually wasn't that bad, and in fact Alpha squad had a much harder time of it with a seemingly unending supply of riflemen in the hills to their east. Bravo was actually having a pretty good time, and we managed to get up to the hill, and then the Kajman appeared. Well crap. Luckily it took damage straight away, and we were relatively un-molested by its cannon. Unfortunately the same cannot be said for the Gorgon on the next hill over, which proceeded to slowly tear us apart for the next 10 minutes. Bravo 1 put up a valiant effort to aid us, but unfortunately it was not to be. On the plus side this is the first time I remember us killing the Kajman, so we can be proud of that.

Fuel Charges FTL defendfor
Who doesn't love a bit of WW2 style fields and hedgerows maneuvering. The answer to that question is whoever does not own a mk200 automatic rifle. The lack of UGL in this mission puts the burden of suppression firmly on the ARs shoulders, and by all accounts they performed well last night. I think Mabbot had to get spare belts of ammo from gqren less than 5 minutes into the mission. Unfortunately the attacking team took too many casualties in the end, and the mission was called in favor of the defenders. I can't help but feel that audiox was just about to put blufor out of business if given a couple of minutes more however.

Rebel Alliance Part 1 - Order 66
I really enjoy this mission, its a simple premise with a quick execution, but a difficult win. It reminds me of playing terrorist hunt in Rainbow Six. I think its a great mission for having a go at squad leading also, and would encourage anyone who hasn't tried it before to grab the SL slot next time this mission (or parts 2,3,4) come up.

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

Highlighty stuffs again.

Wilson

Post by Wilson »

Really enjoyed my first session back in nearly 2 years. Good to see old faces (and new).

Happened to be part of A2 in the first mission taking that building like a boss.

Unfortunately my internet decided to die at the beginning of the 3rd mission and I've only just got back on since.

Look forward to a Sunday session!

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Hold on a second. :?

Wilson. This was your first session back after a long break. So were or were you not playing with us on Sunday.

Because in "Routine", we had a Wilson. I am more than 99% sure he didn't talk, and he responded to my AI command orders as FTL. :o
Madrak referred to him as an AI in his AAR post too, so I know I'm not just making this up. I mean we all laughed when he got shot and called him a hero, and there was no-one else in teamspeak.

The whole situation is freaking me out. And then on tuesday's session, this Wilson guy shows up. And I thought Madrak maybe had changed his name in TS to be funny. But then someone said "Madrak's not here", and things got really freaky. And now I'm sitting here typing this and I no longer know whats real. Are you a ghost? :shock:

Pls help

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

I'm glad someone else is freaking out as well. I was starting to think we'd had a major upgrade to the AI...
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Black Mamba

Post by Black Mamba »

Wilson wrote:*being back*
So it was not just an urban legend... Now I've got an excuse to come back and get you killed a bunch of times before Tiger leaves!