[Tue] 25 Aug 2015 (Dependable Seal Beater)

How we died (in the future)
Eagle_Eye

[Tue] 25 Aug 2015 (Dependable Seal Beater)

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Huzzah, Tonight our platoon numbered 20 as we fought to escape, then attack, then escape again.
The party participated in the following operations:
  • Budget Issues
  • Frini Fracas
  • Landfall
  • Ghosthawk Down
  • Shipping Problems
  • Glub Glub Glub
  • Escape from Altis

As always, comments are most welcome below, especially with regards to new missions for ideas to improve existing missions and make shiny new ones. Also, if you have a nice story be sure to tell it. Videos are always much appreciated, and will be appropriated by our propaganda departement if you tell us about them.

If you think commanding seems like fun, yet hesitate because you worry that you won't come up with a reasonable plan on such short notice, then check out our leadership programme.

If you want to test out an updater/launcher for all your mod needs look no further than our Comrade head's marvellous contraption.

Did you notice that some vehicles/players had way cool FA Tractors on them tonight? That's because of the power of our squad tags. Get yours whilst stocks last.

Mabbott
Host

Re: [Tue] 25 August (Dependable Seal Beater)

Post by Mabbott »

As the aforementioned Dependable Seal Beater thanks for the awesome session guys.

Song of the evening:

"Full sails!" - Kefirz
"Don't engage, wait for them to pass the [*rocket launched with wooooosh sound*] bridge... [*boom - rocket hitting the tank*]" -Me, leading an ambush.
For the empire :hist101:

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

Turns out my trust was totally misplaced Mabbot. You leaky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Mabbott
Host

Post by Mabbott »

Blame Leander for falling out of the truck and slowing our glorious advance. Or me for the plan. Or yourself for trusting me in the first place.
"Full sails!" - Kefirz
"Don't engage, wait for them to pass the [*rocket launched with wooooosh sound*] bridge... [*boom - rocket hitting the tank*]" -Me, leading an ambush.
For the empire :hist101:

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

All of the above? :shock:
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Leander

Post by Leander »

Mabbott wrote:Blame Leander for falling out of the truck and slowing our glorious advance. Or me for the plan. Or yourself for trusting me in the first place.
That was... a bit stupid. Everything was pitch black, so I tried to turn my NVG on. I landed on the ground behind a moving truck, which I shortly realized I had just been sitting in. :bang: V for eject is a dangerous keybind which I will get rid of. Had I known the mission was so short, I would have told you to keep driving.

However, I hope I redeemed myself in Ghosthawk Down when I pulled and revived the last surviving member of Charlie (Costno) with bullets whizzing all around us. Although, even that I did in a stupid way since I ran straight out in the open and took some hits where he and ASL (Eagle_Eye) had just been shot. :?

Lefty

Post by Lefty »

New player here - Lefty in game
Thanks for the last game sessions guys -great atmosphere and had a lot of fun. Have had some problems with getting my mic to work - hopefully have it fixed for the next session on Sunday,
Cheers,
Lefty....

Ccrasus

Post by Ccrasus »

I never know what to write here

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Eagle_Eye

Post by Eagle_Eye »

Lefty wrote:New player here - Lefty in game
Glad you're enjoying yourself!

Budget Issues - A2 FTL
A nice warmup mission this one. Sit on a hillside, plink at some badguys, try not to cry as your fireteam is slowly whittled away by the green incoming tracers. props to first-time(?) CO Tubby for keeping the line plugged and Tigershark for lifting off and getting us out of dodge.

Frini Fracas A1 FTL - BLUFOR
A quick and tense run this was. Blufor had some troubles at spawn but we weren't too far behind when we got into town. Unfortunately I think we were a bit unlucky with enemy spawns. Myself and ASL Mabbot got taken out by AI sharpshooters before we could get to the church, and kefirz got away with the pistol just seconds before blufor closed in and covered his exit route. I tried to increase the amount of AI resistance in this one in order to make getting to the objective a little harder. Let me know if anyone has any suggestions about how I might change up the mission a bit.

Landfall BSL
A greatly improved performance on this mission compared to previous runs. Kefirz decided to take the no frills approach to the landing, meaning bravo and alpha were tasked with arriving right beside the base. As we approached the objective we took some fire, but arrived relatively unscathed (and about 3 minutes ahead of alpha for some reason). A brilliant smoke screen created by vic commander Mabbot meant we could approach all the way up to the hbarrier walls of the base, and were soon joined by A1. We breached the base and cleared out the cargo HQ, leaving B1 down to 2 men and BV with no more AT rounds. After that we lazed about really while alpha did all the work dealing with the enemy reinforcements. Just as CO ordered us to commandeer an assault boat and counterattack the enemy, the mission was called.

Ghosthawk Down CO
I thought we had a really nice run of this one. My plan was to have 2 distinct forces in Alpha squad. I had A1, which was my full-ish strength main unit, and a weaker spec-ops A2. The plan was to get A2 in the littlebird and get them supporting the stranded commandos from Charlie ASAP. Meanwhile myself and A1 would land on the beach in the ghoshawk and clear the northern side of the target compound. The rescue went well enough, with A1 and A2 capturing their sectors and holding off any rebel counterattack.

Luckily the downed ghosthawk was right outside our compound, so we were able to sit tight while our AH9 swooped in and disposed of it. And then promptly got shot down. Luckily Reppyboyo managed to land, and Tigershark was able to mount a rescue. Meaning they could return to base and get the transport helos once again. Alpha and charlie had at this point started to move on the VIP compound. Charlie was reduced to one man, who was tasked with staying alive (god forbid the headlines if all of charlie was dead). while A1 and A2 moved toward the compound. A2 eventually managed to breach the area and the VIP was eliminated. I gave to order to double time it back to the 2 transport helos, which had landed nearby, just as a pile of enemy helos decided to show up. After a tense liftoff on the skids of the littlebird and some dodging of minigun tracers from the enemy ORCA, we managed to get out of the AO and back to base. Except we had left A2 bleeding out on the side of the road somewhere. D'Oh

Escape from Altis
A very fun game mode I must say. My first time playing it. Luckily we had exactly 10 comrades stick around for the after party. There was GMG near misses, there was convoy bonding, there was Peasant stitching us back together more times than I could count. And then Costno killed us all and we failed the mission.