[Tue] 25 Aug 2015 (Dependable Seal Beater)

How we died (in the future)
Reppyboyo

Re: [Tue] 25 August (Dependable Seal Beater)

Post by Reppyboyo »

Snippet of what happened during Ghosthawk down.
All the auto rotation practice I did has finally paid off.

Sparks

Post by Sparks »

...but why did you ignore the several flat sheltered emergency LZs you overflew on the way to the elevated slope everyone in the town could shoot at as you slid and rolled down? :D :P
guns.ie ● stochasticgeometry.ie ● weak.ie

Don't tell mom I'm a pilot, she thinks I play piano in a whorehouse

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

Way too busy concentrating on getting my collective correct for the altitude.

Costno
Host

Post by Costno »

Apologies everyone on the failed escape....
The mission did say we won though! briefly.

Peasant

Post by Peasant »

Eagle_Eye wrote: there was Peasant stitching us back together more times than I could count.
Yeah medicing Escape from Altis was not as easy as normal- I didn't have access to name tags and everyone was wearing pretty much identical uniforms. That's why there was a lot of 'where are you?' and 'aid station is by the ifrit' On the other hand the default wound system is more generous than the Folk ARPS default. As a general rule, if you want the medic to come to you, tell him where you are. I like having a landmark to head towards. But yeah, that was a fun session. Even though I'm fairly sure that in Ghosthawk down I got teamkilled by Charlie.

Question for Landfall why use modified IFVs when there are perfectly good gunboats? Also, radio is a trap. But a nicely different pace of mission.

Mabbott
Host

Post by Mabbott »

Peasant wrote: Question for Landfall why use modified IFVs when there are perfectly good gunboats? Also, radio is a trap. But a nicely different pace of mission.
Cause once you land you lose fire support. Also there's supposed to be a wave of armoured vehicles as reinforcement that gunboats would be hard pressed to deal with.
"Full sails!" - Kefirz
"Don't engage, wait for them to pass the [*rocket launched with wooooosh sound*] bridge... [*boom - rocket hitting the tank*]" -Me, leading an ambush.
For the empire :hist101:

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Mabbott wrote:
Peasant wrote: Question for Landfall why use modified IFVs when there are perfectly good gunboats? Also, radio is a trap. But a nicely different pace of mission.
Cause once you land you lose fire support. Also there's supposed to be a wave of armoured vehicles as reinforcement that gunboats would be hard pressed to deal with.
And when I used regular IFVs for transport, Charlie ended up stranded on Makrynisi because the CO wanted the IFV there for fire support.
[/allegedly]

madrak_the_red
Host

Post by madrak_the_red »

I got to watch landfall, and I think one of the reasons you guys had such an easy time of it, was because the trio of marshalls coming to reinforce first drove very slowly down the road for a bit, then decided they didn't want to come and just sort of stopped
TURN OUT FOR WHAT