[Tue] 15 Dec 2015 (Kasbo and Jousting)

Post by fer »

Missions:
  • Routine
  • Buzzard
  • Trail
  • Inter IV
  • Bees
  • Rocket Jousting (free for all) (after-party)
  • Rocket Jousting (first ever FA 'Single Truck' Jousting Tournament) (after-party)
  • Rocket Jousting (first ever FA 'All Trucks' Jousting Tournament) (after-party)
  • Helicopters (AA Autocannons and Submarines) (after-party)
  • Helicopters (again, and again, and again ...)
A bijou session-ette with just 23 comrades, but what we lacked in numbers we more than made up for with awesomeness. Also: time (it's nearly midnight UK and I can still hear the screaming merriment in TeamSpeak). Very well done, comrades. The Party salutes you! Although there will be no increase in rations.

:coolbert:

[Some words about missions and Kasbo, Bees done right, and rocket jousting to follow here ...]

Again, I want to give a quick shout-out to mission makers like DarkChozo, Ralian, SuicideKing, Eagle-Eye and many others. Our sessions simply couldn't exist without this cadre of comrades, so thank you for your hard work, creativity and humour.

Before my usual sign-off, please take a moment to consider purchasing one of our 2015 patches. You can buy them online from here - they cost just GBP 7 | EUR 10 | USD 10 and that includes postage to anywhere in the world. Quite apart from looking awesome, demonstrating your love of the Party, and getting you free admission at selected venues worldwide*, all funds left over after production help fund the FA server. They'll look like this (only even better), and shipping should start in the New Year:

As ever, please post your thoughts, feedback, screenshots and video here - comrade YouTube Hero SuperU didn''t just produce our video idents, but provides leadership and guidance to propaganda artists. We also have a new YouTube channel that he manages so if you have any content you think should feature then let him know and he will sort you out, for more info check out this thread!; more guidance on video editing for Folk ARPS is provided by comrade Ferrard Carson. Posts in the AAR threads really help us (the hosts and mission makers), both with understanding how we can improve the experiences, and showing potential comrades what our sessions are like.

Finally, some recommended reading for all comrades, new and old:
:v:

* Currently includes Comrade Tigershark's personal residence.

zitron

Re: [Tue] 15 Dec 2015 (Kasbo and Jousting)

Post by zitron »

intel64gamer

Post by intel64gamer »

Bees

Here is some highlighty stuff from my perspective. I was flying AH-1 this time.

Last edited by intel64gamer on Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

ZeCatnip

Post by ZeCatnip »

I've gotta say, that run of Bees was so damn smooth, hopefully someone has video of that...

Also, Rocket Jousting. Perfect after-party mission and even a candidate for a new Olympic game methinks

JafaCake17

Post by JafaCake17 »

Good session tonight, managed to have my first proper FTL role end in a literal bang as I was shot in the face during Routine. But Alpha 2 went on to be the last surviving fireteam and made me feel like a proud parent.

Buzzard was spent mostly spectating after surviving a near death experience involving eagle_eye, a hand grenade and a poor unsuspecting lookout only to be torn apart by a strider HMG.

Trail was a far more relaxed experience, scored one or two long distance kills and managed to not die for the first mission in about two weeks.

Inter IV turned out to be particularly interesting, I took a wild shot at a moving target that managed to actually hit, only to find out it was our ASL (Sorry Ajax). And then get mowed down by the unstoppable force that was Kasbo.

Bees, when we eventually got going ended up being one of the most successful missions I've ever been a part of.

The afterparty was the usual mix of explosions and friendly fire. Although I did have to keep my clothes on during shipping problems in order to avoid another summary execution at the hands of sparks.

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

Rocket jousting was fun. I'll be making a... special, video of it (hopefully for propaganda purposes too.) I know I asked for footage from intelgamer and Sparks, but if you happen to have footage and I forgot to ask you, tell you if you would be willing to share it with me :3

Really I just showed up just in time to take some cinematic of Bees - damn good, I might have to make a video of that as well. It went off without a hitch... did someone forget the autocannons?

Afterparty was a blast. I have to say I enjoyed rocket jousting, but what was really insane was our runs through Helicopters. An autocannon... on... a helicopter? I think there's something in the Geneva Conventions about that. Also, Submarines filled with helium.

Sources now - Videos to come.

There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.

Kasmeister

Post by Kasmeister »

It'd be kind of awkward if i didnt comment on a AAR titled with my name, but i dont have any worthwhile content to post here this time.

I took this screenshot of 2600k's foot instead.

Also sorry to Ide for the teamkill on Inter IV, i have no idea how that happened.

darkChozo
Host

Post by darkChozo »

Standard highlight video and such:

intel64gamer

Post by intel64gamer »

@Chozo
I have to say the tracers on the Pawnee really add to the atmosphere of the mission. Too bad comrade fer wants to "execute" (I am sure he merely put a typo in the word reward) me for some minor injuries to civillians.

Could that be the first case of Sparks surviving a run of helicopters?