[Sun] 31 Jan 2016 (We've got a great big convoy)

How we died (in the future)
Freyja
Host

[Sun] 31 Jan 2016 (We've got a great big convoy)

Post by Freyja »

Thus concludes another night of glorious warfare. I raise my proverbial long-sword in honour of our 31 skilled tenacious warriors and hope that that is a thing that people did at any time.

Playlist: Also Convoy was fucking great and I can't believe so many of us made it, RIP Alpha 1.

If you feel Folk ARPS is something you'd like to keep seeing in the future (or maybe you just really want us to play Gator Raid (you murderer)), consider helping us fund the server that makes all of this possible. Details for how to donate and a rundown of the current progress can be found over at viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2002.

Thank you so much for your patience through the donation period.

Stay safe!

Ralian

Re: [Sun] 31 Jan 2016 (We've got a great big convoy)

Post by Ralian »

Before I get into it, I want to take this opportunity to say that if for some crazy reason you haven't yet seen the FOLK ARPS 2015 Review videos put up yesterday by myself and sparks, you may do so here. I know sparks put a whole lot of effort into making his (I put a questionable amount of work into mine :lol: ) and I think they turned out pretty cool.

And here's mine while I'm at it:

Also:
Today was my first day with the SHINY NEW MULTIPLATFORM OBS! that from what I can see, offers not only a bunch of new features such as multitrack audio, multiple monitors, and audio leveling (something I've struggled with for awhile) and just an easier interface, but also incredible performance improvements over its predecessor. Maybe go give it a shot next session!

[Session Highlights] Unfortunately processing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Convoy: A3 Commander, died at the hands of an unnamed *ahem* traitor

It was a ton of fun until I got friendly fired about three minutes into the mission. :cry:

I then watched the rest of the mission unfold from the sky including half of the convoy getting lost, lots of smoke and explosions. I'm surprised only one vic was lost.

Bring it on home: Friggin journalist!, died of last second mutiny and a poor display of range safety

This one was fun. I ended up getting to play the role of "Worst hostage ever", cracking jokes and generally being a pain to manage all the way until we gave Greenfor the slip. Except not, because some triggerhappy individual *ahem* shot me and produced a typical folk post-success failure screen.

Mutineers: AAF FTL, died because I stuck my ass too far through a wall

It was very fun this go! I actually managed to get eight kills (for someone with so little skill as me, that's actually really, really impressive) outside the church where we were decently effective but also at high risk. CO had us pull back into the church, where we started to go a bit stir crazy because it was so quiet and because we were in such a small room together (you couldn't go a meter without having to say "crossing front" for safety purposes.) I ended up stepping "into" the pews to get a better firing angle out the door... but I guess bohemia didn't want that, so my ass got stuck outside of the wall of the building, and I was killed.

I then got a great bird's eye view of three INDFOR walking straight over an opfor dude and getting their ass whooped, and then sparks nearly killing some friendly (although not necessarily trustworth) BLU. Oh yeah, and there was a bit of an incident with a ballistic IFV.

Outpost Victor: Goose Three - Got lucky with that slot!

It had been a long time since I flew for the glorious party, and what a fun night for a flight it was! Bravo loaded up alright and we had a dandy flight over.

After some antics with the helicopters, I was tasked picking up bravo (who I completely missed, maybe I should have been using NVGs. Sorry.) and took them to the southern outpost. After that we were tasked with some CAS on the south hill, and I had a bit of a run in with the no fly zone to the south. By which I mean a missile went streaking past my head. Whoops. Whoever warned me probably saved my ass there.

At some point we realized CO had died (was it friendly fire)? and we got word that reenforcements were pouring in. I managed to hit a few vehicles (not sure if I disabled them, depends on the type) and I was then shot out of my helicopter.

I joined the re-enforcements as JSL, and had some shooty bang bang time before the tanks came in. I faced the tanks bravely as a man could, fearlessly throwing everything I had at it (even though all I had were frags :lol: ) until I died at its hands.

Last edited by Ralian on Mon Feb 01, 2016 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.

ZeCatnip

Post by ZeCatnip »

Really fun session tonight, some great missions to play.

Convoy [Co-op]
Loved this mission, lots of fun. Vehicle lead Ralian unfortunately bought the farm in the first village, but the Vic pressed on regardless. I was the gunner and maybe got a tad too excited too early and spent a lot of ammo on unnecessary targets. About a 1/3 of the way through it became apparent that there would be no resupply so I started to watch my shots a bit more. We ended up making it to the airfield and somehow surviving. If I could offer one bit of feedback for the mission, it would be great if there was a resupply at the airfield, perhaps via helo, then the convoy would need to press on across the island. Not sure how feasible that would be, but I think it would add an interesting element. Otherwise rendezvousing at the airfield is great.

Bring it on Home [Adv.]
Fun mission, Ralian was a bugger of a package to transport! Great fun though.

Mutineers [Co-op]
What happens when you get a fireteam in one location for too long? Kasmeister begins to opine upon the possibilities of launching 40mm from beneath pews. As the AAF traitors converts we spent a lot of time hold up in the church killing time. Lost a good number of the squad once we left sanctified ground but ultimately three of us, Zenzos, Kasmeister and myself made it to safety

Outpost Victor [Co-op, Embellished ending]
Okay, shameful moment here (and a great lesson in target identification in the dark), I ended up opening up on Bravo1 thinking they were on the opposing side. Stupid mistake on my part, as the incoming fire was coming from above their actual position. Soon after this I may have become a bit confused with SL's orders and charged a distant truck looking for supplies, only to be thoroughly riddled with bullets . I can see now the folly in that....

Great session as always, thanks for the Sunday fun!

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

How could I forget? XD

THE FA TRIP TO TACO BELL
IT BACKFIRED

:D

intel64gamer

Post by intel64gamer »

Netkev wrote: [*]Bring it on Home [Adv.]
Sometimes things take a long time to wrong. This wasn't one of those times.

intel64gamer

Post by intel64gamer »

Sparks I shall have my revenge.

Ralian

Post by Ralian »