[Sun] 13 Mar 2016 (Daylight Close-Shavings Time)

How we died (in the future)
darkChozo
Host

[Sun] 13 Mar 2016 (Daylight Close-Shavings Time)

Post by darkChozo »

A heroic 30 comrades fought some very marginal battles tonight, managing to pull victory out of the jaws of many defeats (here, jaws of defeat is a metaphor for the burning husk of a helicopter). We started with a new mission, Maximum Impact, where we got very well acquainted with the side of a hill as FIA shot over and through our heads. Next, we entered the competitive world of gas station ownership in Fuel Charges, with OPFOR pulling off a thrilling last-second 1v1 victory over the vile and cowardly BLUFOR. We then swapped out our feet for helicopters in Quds Radio Hour, where we technically didn't lose all our helos. Finally, we successfully tested out the effectiveness of 50 caliber bullets in Generally Negotiable as our brave general engaged in a rapid motion towards the rear.

Thanks to all of you who showed up today, we hope to continue seeing you in future sessions.

Runlist: You'll all be happy to know that we've renewed our server for another six months in preparation for an eventual switch of server providers. Thanks to those of you who made our continued existence possible! If you're interested in futureproofing that success, check out our Server Fundraiser, at least until we can figure out what our long-term money-laundering fundraising plans are.

Finally, we will be adopting Tanoa a week after it's official release in the next couple of months. So if you want to be traumatized by whatever Vietnam simulators our mission makers come up with, start saving up your local currency of choice.

stonie

Re: [Sun] 13 March 2016 (Daylight Close-Shavings Time)

Post by stonie »

So alpha died upon landing in Quds Radio Hour just to respawn as charlie, waiting for 12 minutes, just to die shortly afterwards in another helicopter incident.
Netkev used this time well for further planning in his command vehicle.
http://i.imgur.com/pfJ0fRG.jpg?1

Shipping problems contains some very angry containers:
http://i.imgur.com/PQLwdnm.gif
Last edited by stonie on Sun Jun 23, 2019 10:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Folk ARPS visual archive:
2017|2018|2019|2020|2021

madrak_the_red
Host

Post by madrak_the_red »

FIA show off their fashion sense

TURN OUT FOR WHAT

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

Big bada-boom.

Nim

Post by Nim »

Reppyboyo wrote:
Big bada-boom.
Someone else laid it out pretty well after we called that mission; without an engineer, Bravo couldn't advance, regardless of whether or not we had managed to disable that IFV.

I got Bravo to Alpha's bread-crumbs, although we still hit a mine on the way up the ridge. I couldn't send my guys down into the valleys because they hadn't been cleared for mines. So we stalled and got shot to hell.

tldr; I hate mines.

Nim

intel64gamer

Post by intel64gamer »

Boarnoah

Post by Boarnoah »

Maximum Impact
Props to Nim for taking the initative after bravos command got destroyed. As someone (possibly audiox) mentioned in spectator it is important to attempt to reconsolidate after loss of leadership, if anything thats something that would be lovely to go over in a future workshop or afterparty session.

Quds Radio Hour
So what did happen to Goose 1, from what I gather you guys accidentally went too far in front of the LZ and got shot down? Pretty fun mission, got to shoot my mg quite a bit. Pooter(?) did an excellent job of observing and correcting the fire.

Pooter
Host

Post by Pooter »

Boarnoah wrote:Maximum Impact
Props to Nim for taking the initative after bravos command got destroyed. As someone (possibly audiox) mentioned in spectator it is important to attempt to reconsolidate after loss of leadership, if anything thats something that would be lovely to go over in a future workshop or afterparty session.

Quds Radio Hour
So what did happen to Goose 1, from what I gather you guys accidentally went too far in front of the LZ and got shot down? Pretty fun mission, got to shoot my mg quite a bit. Pooter(?) did an excellent job of observing and correcting the fire.
I heard that they hit an invisible tree. Typically the FTL will direct fire when the fireteam is together, then when they split up I find it's more effective to have one gunner directing and the other shooting, especially at night.

Kasmeister

Post by Kasmeister »

We didn't need bravo in that mission anyways. Alpha would have handled it.