[Sun] 27 Mar 2016 (Easter Funday)

How we died (in the future)
darkChozo
Host

[Sun] 27 Mar 2016 (Easter Funday)

Post by darkChozo »

A traumatized 38 comrades joined us for some brutal near-defeats and actual defeats tonight. We started the night off with Landfall, where we couldn't decide whether our IFVs should go above or below the water, and paid the price for our indecision. We then moved onto Uncivil Engineering, where the police pulled off a fairly decisive victory over the terrorists, defusing the bomb with minutes to go. Next was Mutineers, where, we successfully managed to extract what was left of the AAF squad... or did we? Next was a new mission, Cornered, where friend turned against friend as NATO fell to the rebels. Last in the main session was Bees, where we NATO definitely successfully extracted with more than four guys.

Thanks to everyone who showed up, it was a fun time.

Runlist: You'll all be happy to know that we've renewed our server for another six months in preparation for an eventual switch of server providers. Thanks to those of you who made our continued existence possible! If you're interested in futureproofing that success, check out our Server Fundraiser, at least until we can figure out what our long-term money-laundering fundraising plans are.

Today we had another of our Workshops. If you want to learn how to be a better piece of cannon fodder soldier, consider attending one of our workshops before our Sunday sessions at 1830 GMT.

Finally, we will be adopting Tanoa a week after it's official release in the next couple of months. So if you want to be traumatized by whatever Vietnam simulators our mission makers come up with, start saving up your local currency of choice.

intel64gamer

Re: [Sun] 27 March 2016 (Easter Funday)

Post by intel64gamer »

Our hosts in their natural habitat.

Boarnoah

Post by Boarnoah »

Landfall
Alpha Driver
Things went smoothly until the QRF showed up and our atgm decided to dip right into the terrain. The loss of our IFV was a loss to science, we must have set a new water speed record (~180km/h).
There was also a sunk CO vehicle near the island (how did that happen?) which we ran into in the water, barrel roll ensued.

Uncivil Engineering
Charlie Rfl - Freedom Fighters
Our devious plan was to tripwire the entrances to the detonator building. The rest of our squad dug in around the building with Eqbot and myself being the line of defence in the interior. Eqbot was hidden away in a side room ready to ambush the entering enemy. The police were able to drop me from Bravo's position and advance right into the detonator room without alerting the rest of our fire team :( .

Someone already mentioned this, that dodge the barrels to reach the end of the runway would make for one hell of a pre session mini game.

madrak_the_red
Host

Post by madrak_the_red »

TURN OUT FOR WHAT

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

Netkev should not drive.

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.

Pooter
Host

Post by Pooter »

Ralian wrote:
I had lots of fun in that round of mutineers. First I killed a dozen CSAT as an AR cooped up in a building, then I shot rockets at you. None of them hit (as was intended) but you guys let me get off almost all 5 of my rockets before you got me. I was going to hit you with the 5th one, but after missing so much apparently my aim was off.

Then I hounded you in a helicopter while you ran away.

Ralian

Post by Ralian »

Well, it made for great footage, so thanks... I guess?
There are only three things I hate in this world: Ranting, Lists, and Irony.