[Tue] 23 Aug 2016 (Keep Gendarmes and legs inside the ride)

How we died (in the future)
Freyja
Host

[Tue] 23 Aug 2016 (Keep Gendarmes and legs inside the ride)

Post by Freyja »

THERE. WERE. 20. DUDES.

Thanks for tonight friends, here's looking forward to the new server coming online (ETA 2 weeks at most! (first week of September)), and with it more RAM to abuse with an innumerable horde of AI!

Runlist: Remember that on some weeks, an hour before the main sunday session there is the Arma workshops. Hosted by our very own Audiox, there will be advice on how to become a better future combat person. Learn what "BOF" and "FOB" means (probably).

Remember to check out our lovely audio-visual information registry over at this here place!

Quotes of the day
"Is that technical friendly?"
"Tubes out for Harambe"

GeEom
Host

Re: [Tue] 23 Aug 2016 (Keep Gendarmes and legs inside the ri

Post by GeEom »

HSLDII was super smooth, everyone very operator. 10/10
RA8 went surprisingly well, I've seen it go bad / drag out with more. The new AI love to get base of fired in batches, RIP my hearing. Technical ambushed A2, RIP AJAX.
I didn't see much action in Police Milly. That's what I get for not COing. "Is that technical friendly?"
Jungle Boogie was awesome. Worked well in the light. Though I'm yet to notice a single trip flare Before standing on them. Looks like me and AJAX planned symmetric approaches, got to fight through the central AO.
Hotel Pefkas is broken by the new AI, also by tanks. Hopefully this is the final nail in the coffin for the abomination?
HSLDIII went well given we embarked with three people per helicopter. We should bench little bird more missions!

Tuesday remains where it's at, props to all my operator teammates.
Going south on hols end of this week. Thus ends my streak, 55 sessions in a row!

AJAX
Host

Post by AJAX »

"Is that a friendly technical?" :eng101:

I can't believe that we finished that mission! WOW! :clint:

LOVE FA!

Costno
Host

Post by Costno »

HSLD II
I got 16 kills as the medic edition!

Rebel Alliance Pt 8
Enjoyed plinking away a couple technicals with a pcml, then crossing the field to the town. This crossing featured a brilliant moment of Boberro saying "I think they are shooting at us" and immediately dying.

Police Militarization
Sounds like the survivors managed to win this one after I left. I died early because I peaked one of the several technicals (even though I made the mission and should have known how to avoid that....) Anyways, a few minor changes to come to this, thanks for all the feedback.

Jungle Boogie
Though I'm yet to notice a single trip flare Before standing on them.

What? You expect me to create little trip flare objects that you can see before walking into them?

Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Costno wrote:What? You expect me to create little trip flare objects that you can see before walking into them?
I'm sure we were told there were objects for them by someone but I can't remember who.

Rebel Alliance Part 8
I watched as half of A2 was gunned down around me by the technical. The PTSD was particularly bad on this one, but at least a few of A2 made it to the end.

Police Militarization
Amazing mission! Despite the briefing being cut short and, from what I heard, the choas that NATO went through, we somehow won. Lavernius and I ended up being the only surviving Gendarmes in the first part of the mission, holding out in the HQ while, much like in RA8, everyone died around me. The second part of the mission is possibly a bit far away, but to be honest I enjoyed the long road trip, despite AJAX's terrifying driving :D

Thorontur

Post by Thorontur »

Had the misfortune to crash, die early or for some weird reason get thrown out of the game during this session. So I missed a lot.

HSLD was quick and fun. I lived, so that's a fun experience.

During Rebel Alliance my game crashed and I only later realised I could hop back in, so I missed the entire actual assault on the village.

Police Militarization went downhill really fast:
Got shot in the back of the truck. Regrouped. Lost my gear. 'Freed' the few remaining gendarmes (who I imagine will suffer from PTSD for the rest of their lives). Got shot from the back of the truck again, this time permanently. And somehow the mission succeeded, testament to the great skill of you guys.

I had no idea what I was doing in Jungle Boogie. As soon as the game started I was thrown back into the lobby and I thought that everyone had the same problem, but apparently everyone was already playing. When I hopped back in, I was disoriented and got killed pretty quickly. Somebody said something about smokes or flares but had no idea what that was about.

And I got killed in Hotel Pefkas as soon as we entered the hotel grounds.

I seem to lack a lot of situational awereness and I find it extremely difficult to spot enemies. So I would be up for one of the sunday arma workshops to get some tips. I really like the missions but I have the impression I'm just tagging along and dying. Which is fun in its own way I guess :suicide:

(Edit: how do I resize images? Usual BBCode doesn't seem to work?)
(Edit 2: thanks boberro!)
Last edited by Thorontur on Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

boberro

Post by boberro »

Thorontur - you don't. You have to have resized images, then

Code: Select all

[url=url to normal size][img]url of thumbnail[/img][/url]
Now if you're using imgur, you add s, m or l to the end of url filename, to get small medium or large resized version.\
With steam add ?fit=inside|1024:639 at the end of image url.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Boarnoah

Post by Boarnoah »

If you're taking screenshots with steam there is an option to get uncompressed pictures (Settings -> Ingame -> Save an uncompressed copy). Those will then be found in Libraries\Pictures\SteamScreenshots.

laverniusregalis

Post by laverniusregalis »

Police Militarization

We (Gendarmerie) held out pretty long in the police HQ for this one, and I'm pretty sure almost every Gendarme was gunned down by the same technical. I was on the roof for most of the time in the city, and managed to eliminate probably one squad before NATO arrived. I promptly got shot out of the HEMTT. I was pretty impressed, though, that despite losing probably 80% of all troops NATO still managed to clear out the HQ. I'm pretty sure that if they lost even one guy at that point the mission would've failed due to NATO becoming combat ineffective against the hordes of Syndikat. There were a few really close calls along the way, and some of those four NATO guys also got injured as they were clearing.

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

Fun fun!