[Tue] 18 Oct 2016 (Up Close in the Clown Car)

How we died (in the future)
blip2
Host

[Tue] 18 Oct 2016 (Up Close in the Clown Car)

Post by blip2 »

Thank you to all that turned out today, we had a magnificent twenty comrades of whom most fitted into the magical clown car of many people.

We started with a fairly easy run through Rebel Alliance Pt6 before exploring the woods (N.B. we didn't get out again). In our only expedition into Tanoa - Vive la Agraria - we attempted a short lived push into the jungle but were swiftly wiped out by enemies in the grass... In Air Raid the intel was recovered (for once) and we then had good fun clearing the shit load of EI (no, really) from the Danger Zone.

Main Session:
  • Rebel Alliance Pt6
  • Into The Woods
  • Vive la Agraria
  • Air Raid
  • Danger Zone
Afterparty:
  • Shipping Problems
I'll just leave this here:

As always, comments are most welcome below. Also, if you have a nice story be sure to tell it. Videos are always much appreciated, and will be appropriated by our propaganda departement if you tell us about them.

If you think commanding seems like fun, yet hesitate because you worry that you won't come up with a reasonable plan on such short notice, then check out our leadership programme.

If you want to test out an updater/launcher for all your mod needs look no further than our Comrade head's marvellous contraption.

Did you notice that some vehicles/players had way cool FA Tractors on them tonight? That's because of the power of our squad tags. Get yours whilst stocks last.

GeEom
Host

Re: [Tue] 18 Oct 2016 (Up Close in the Clown Car)

Post by GeEom »

Rebel Alliance P6
I love COing the Rebel Alliances because they're never played at any strength, so you need to get Something right or it's hell and everyone has to watch the last few victims crawl around in the blood.
I worried that my south west mountain side approach was a bit dull. A2 under AJAX seemed to have a sustainable base of fire, and we kept everyone in contact and out of the technicals' field of fire until we were in nice and close.

Into The Woods
I GOT AIRTIME YESSSSSS

Two for two techies/rockets. MRot went from fine to dust seemingly in one burst. RIP DirtyHarry. Prolly shoulda done some high alt recon and found the target thingy before we meteored...

Despite the tragic loss of AH1; infantry squad went on to do great things, and also to get completely wiped out by Nato Pacific spec ops.

Vive la Agraria
CO again. I liked the concept of my approach, but I should have kept a better handle on Alpha's progress (largely my fault due to an errant phone call, sorry!!) and pulled them up North to Bravo's relatively relaxing and open theater. Alpha was savaged by a handful of concealed contacts among their engagements, and Bravo suffered attrition with sparse cover against a numerous enemy. AJAX and blip were killing machines, slightly scary.
Slowly gestating thoughts on motorized movement procedure, we seem very slow to mount and move in almost all situations!

Air Raid
I COed this one I think? Went better than the last time I saw it.
Bravo bit the dust but they soaked enough lead for Alpha to secure the objective, Strumpie made it out with their vic so we could all go home.

Danger Zone
MMG gunner here, switching it up. Pixel plinking all day. When I did get in close I stared down a man shouldering an RPG, he was looking at MMG's vic whilst I failed to IFF. I worked out what was going on with a second or two to spare, and lined up the killer shot. However my long range zeroing threw a spanner in the works. Me and JINXEL got to bleed out around a toasty MRAP bonfire, NetKev and medic just five seconds or so too slow.

boberro

Post by boberro »

Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Teifiterror
Host

Post by Teifiterror »

Air Raid

Netkev murdered me through mystical control of an Ai EI, that is all I would like to add :argh:

He did slightly redeem himself by autogyro landing of a chinook though

DirtyHarry

Post by DirtyHarry »

Mission: Into The Woods
Role: GeEom's Carer
TL;DR: Redbull helicopter team; Dead.

Predators, that was the movie that came to mind. The very start where the main character wakes up to find himself falling to his death. Many people have this dream of falling and its terrifying.

That's pretty much how I felt. Except, we hadn't taken off yet, however, GeEom was pilot.

I had not been co-pilot in this particular helicopter before but I had noticed I had a tv screen I could scope into and target. "ah ha" I thought, I have some control over my destiny. "as along as I kill them before they kill me, i'll be fine". No. "No you're role is basically spotter" In other words, I could see my death in normal, Nightvision, FLIR, zoomed or unzoomed. So many choices, so little time.

Once in the Air the we took position outside the AO to give some overview to the advancing fireteams. The order was to loiter
loiter
stand or wait around without apparent purpose.
walk slowly and with no apparent purpose; dawdle.
GeEom's interpretation of Loiter was perhaps different to my own. Oh sure, we got to our destination fine but on the way there I'm quite certain there was a barrel roll, a loop-de-loop and a corkscrew. Maneuvers which, don't naturally lend themselves well to observing enemy movements and positions.

Nevertheless, I spotted a Technical firing upon us and we were taking hits. I gave the direction of contact and GeEom strafed the target at speeds I doubt an F-16 could do.

We missed. That or there was a second one I'm not sure but we came around for a second, glorious, charge. I could feel the G's (GeEoms). The tears were streaming from my face. my knuckles white. Dead.
note: Audio from black box "Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit, oh shiiiiiiiiit".
GeEom says "RIP". I have hesitations about this as quite likely, we survived the initial fall from the sky, maybe took a high caliber bullet somewhere. Upon hitting the ground we probably broke nearly every bone in our bodies. After this, we probably burned to death. Rest In Peace....just seems like a grossly inappropriate thing to say at this point.

During limbo I was able to fly around as a ghostly spirit. Watching people. Below are some of the intimate photos I took.

Mission: Vive la Agraria
Role: A2 Automatic Riflemen
TL;DR: Are those friendless; Ouch, ouch dead.

With party processing team
Professional Try-hard.