[Tue] 06 Dec 2016 (Baby's second)

How we died (in the future)
GeEom
Host

[Tue] 06 Dec 2016 (Baby's second)

Post by GeEom »

As many as 18 courageous hearts partook in tonight's delights.
A lot of fun, even in defeat!

The runlist:
19 [Co-op]  Rebel Alliance 2        NetKev       Defeat
16 [Adv]   Delivery Denied        TickByT v alien   TickByT Victory
16 [Co-op]  HSLD             GeEom       Victory
14 [Co-op]  Communication Breakdown Teifiterror      Defeat
15 [Co-op]  Communication Breakdown Teifiterror      Defeat
12 [Co-op]  Gendar marines       GeEom      Defeat
11 [Adv]   Inter IV             alien v Strumpie  Strumpie Victory
10 [Co-op]  Regroup rearm        GeEom      Defeat

The party:
 9 [Race]   Powerlines II
 8 [Co-op]  HSLD
 8 [Adv]   Salt fliers
 7 [Adv]   HELICOPTERS
 6 [Adv]   Cretins
 6 [Adv]   Plumbers

Rebel Alliance 2
NetKev CO and Teifiterror ASL lead two full CSAT fire teams and an MMG team against NATO. Dwindling under HMG fire, the scraps are eventually killed off.

Delivery Denied
NATO alien lands his five man fire team in Sofia radar station, looking down on the town. TickByT puts them under a pressure with long range fire from Strumpie and Estel's fire teams.

HSLD
Three helicopters put two fire teams and GeEom's command element into town. DirtyHarry and SuicideKing make short work of the enemy. This despite the rapid decapitation of GeEom, and Shado's helicopter's intimate encounter with the ground.

Communication Breakdown
Particularly hot landing zone puts a rapid end to the festivities; two littlebirds enjoying more than their recommended daily allowance of bullets.

Communication Breakdown
Teifiterror leads Strumpie and aliens fireteams across an island of Syndicat, inserted masterfully by Reppyboyo in a CSAT style VTOL. Strumpie's team takes the initial brunt, and the remainder dwindle rapidly.

Gendar marines
Two brave fire teams rush the island under GeEom and DirtyHarry, with Ciaran leading the engineering duo.
"Remarkably on cue." My final words as I'm first to bite the dust.

Inter IV
Lovely Topolia hosted this showdown, with a double occurrence of mutual murder. GeEom v Teifiterror, and Lexer v Zitron.

Regroup rearm
Slightly under strength, we started bleeding men from the offset. The last of us pinned down at long range by superior enemy hardware.

Tickybat

Re: [Tue] 06 Dec 2016 (Baby's second)

Post by Tickybat »

Just leaving this here... GeEom attempting to land with his tail in a palm tree.

GeEom
Host

Post by GeEom »

That is an entirely controlled and safe maneuver. It goes without saying that I recovered that, not that it needed recovering.

Boarnoah

Post by Boarnoah »

The fellow who gave GeEom his pilot's licence has a lot of explaining to do :cop:

Strumpie

Post by Strumpie »

GeEom makes his glorious return to form with many helicopters and crashing throughout the night.

Rebel Alliance 2: Leading my beloved A2 in a town assault, after A1 got lost in communication, AJAX was mercilessly cut down followed by the rest of us when we hit a Parasol instead of the HMG that was eventually the downfall of everyone.

Delivery Denied: I don't know about the delivery, but Blufor were certainly denied.
Leading A1 I took the high ground overlooking the convoy, dispatching all patrols and technicals with prejudice.
We quickly turned our attention to the MH-9 that landed in clear view of my deployed ARs and Blufors' downfall began. Under withering fire from the entirety of Opfor at ranges of 900m, their clumsy approach down slope resulted in my 40mm contacting alien's face and ensured our capture of the 'Meat' that was presumably inside the HEMMT.

Communication Breakdown: Both times GeEom crashed his helicopter on or near me.

Gender Bender Marines: With my trusty 7.62 I slaughtered many enemy bad mens.
However, after getting bogged down in town AJAX and myself frantically tried to convey the vast amounts of enemy infantry approaching from all sides but apparently our concerns weren't frantic enough and we were overrun.

Inter IV: Taking responsibility of the assault my lightening plan was to run directly in to the town from the most covered approach and seize a compound to use as a strong point. The plan was highly successful as we were in and set up before the enemy knew what hit them, despite a small amount of bad luck leading to several kill trades. They weren't quite ready to lay down and die as they deserved and it was up to Lexer to put an end to Zitron's fiefdom inside a small house ensuring my victory.

Regroup rearm: Something something, oh a convoy.
Last edited by Strumpie on Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AFM OR BUST

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

That's a lot of effort put into a host AAR post, GeEom!

We forgot to clear a shed in Rebel Alliance 2, which may or may not have led to most of our fire team dying. HSLD was fun, but I had an experienced fire team so they didn't really need much hand-holding. Still lost 2 people in the fire fight. Shado thankfully went kamikaze after we were on the ground. :lol:
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

DirtyHarry

Post by DirtyHarry »

Well done to those taking leader positions. Great to see! :D
Thanks to GeEom for hosting!
:hist101: :hist101: :hist101:

Mission:HSLD
Role: FTL
TL;DR: Pistols drawn; Death by bants

GeEom was co and so the plan was rushed, simple and overly ambitious.

With 2 fire teams we were to take both objectives at either end of the town at the same time. My team consisted of fresh recruits from a the local high security prison (Specifically, those on death row for loitering)
They were given a choice, death by firing squad or join my fireteam and perhaps have opportunity to kill someone else before, yep, death by firing squad. They all joined up.

Our insertion point was very clearly marked out with GeEoms fancy graphics tablet, however, our pilot knew better than to trust in our CO and dropped us way off top the North somewhere.

Looking around at my fireteam I could see, very quickly, that I had been duped into thinking this ragtag group of maniacs could follow orders. They drew pistols, had zero radio discipline and for the most part tried to use harsh language to neutralize the enemy.

Eventually we had some cohesion and we progressed onto the objective clearing house to house within the OA until we eliminated the targets. GeEom as expected was dead by this point. (He was later found in a ditch, naked and broken. Savages).

Suicide King took command and ordered us to evac out. We did. Netkev knowing upon arrival back and base would be executed by AA gun jumped out of the helicopter. Attempts to shoot him down only resulted in more frustration.

Learning outcomes: Shoot everyone. EVERYONE!

Mission:Communication breakdown (first attempt)
Role: Grunt
TL;DR: Dead. GeEoms fault.

---

Learning outcomes: Shoot GeEom

Mission:Communication breakdown (second attempt)
Role: Grunt
TL;DR: Not dead; Then dead

Not much to say about this. Much of it went side ways because of sound bugs (akm? ak12?). Basically, you can only hear the bullet impacts.

Other than that, it was ok. Alien was leading although he really got involved in the whole stealth thing as he whispered the entire mission.

Learning outcomes: Arma pls

Mission:Gendar marines
Role: FTL
TL;DR: Contact!; dead

Idea was for bounding movements of sorts. A1 moved in and opened up on the enemy whilst our team swung round and tried to take a bunker.

There was moderate success, however, we got chopped up pretty bad.

Learning outcomes: This is quite a tricky mission. I think you need to try and focus on the objective rather than killing the enemy. The jungle is dense and so I wouldn't spread the fire teams out too far as for them not being able to support each other.
My approach next time might be to try and utilize the shore as it means you limit the field of view you have to cover (enemy aren't hiding in the ocean to your back). This is risky as retreating is difficult but then retreating is for plebs.
Professional Try-hard.

Reppyboyo

Post by Reppyboyo »

My view of the first doomed Communication Breakdown.

Pooter
Host

Post by Pooter »

I blame that bird that hit your helicopter.