[Sun] 11 Dec 2016 (A nagging sense of foreboding doom)

How we died (in the future)
Aqarius
Host

[Sun] 11 Dec 2016 (A nagging sense of foreboding doom)

Post by Aqarius »

With 36 comrades storming the front, the enemies of the Party proved to be no match to our forces. Indeed, the will of the people is impervious to all harm, except maybe it's own lack of checking it's goddamn targets.
  • Chain Lightning
  • Hedgehogs
  • Rebel Alliance Part 4
  • Overrun
  • Huzzah II
As always, comments are most welcome below. Also, if you have a nice story be sure to tell it. Videos are always much appreciated, and will be appropriated by our propaganda departement if you tell us about them.

If you think commanding seems like fun, yet hesitate because you worry that you won't come up with a reasonable plan on such short notice, then check out our leadership programme.

[/allegedly]

goat

Re: [Sun] 11 Dec 2016 (A nagging sense of foreboding doom)

Post by goat »

My first FA experience... Played the first couple of missions under the name Miloki and then revealed my true identity.

Interestingly, was a little scared at first, and probably should have pointed out that we were new, but it was generally pretty clear what we needed to do. Amazed at how well organised everything seems to be, but then you've been doing this for years so I guess I should have expected that :) My comrade Stickman_Sam also joined for the first mission but early start of work this am meant he could not stick around for more - needless to say, we're both hooked and if I can make it, will def be around Tuesday.

Best memories? Probably the first heli ride in the first mission, simply because it was the first! And the sense of pride when capturing an enemy strider (Overrun) and trying to get it moving before it's life (and ours) was cruelly cut short :lol:

Great fun, loved every minute.

goat

boberro

Post by boberro »

I really like how Huzzah II went. Maybe it was because I didn't get killed in first firefight, or maybe that was because our team ignored everything and just made sure to stay alive while pushing mission forward... I don't know.
Delete this marker please. You're scaring the tank.
My screenshots are being added using Steam Screenshots Sharing Script™. You'll need Tampermonkey (Chrome) or Greasemonkey (Firefox) On Opera should be good to go..

Pepsi

Post by Pepsi »

Back after a long time, I even needed to reinstall the game.
Due to having to work early on mondays I could only join on the Hedgehogs. (Missed mission the first because my game had not finish installing on time).

The mission was great and I really enjoyed the teamwork within the squad. Got hit a few times early in the mission but the Alpha medic picked me up (sorry for moving to much :lol: ). Got to the last bit with three man standing in Alpha 1. We took cover behind a burned out vehicle, but i peaked out on the wrong side and got shot for the third time. This time fatal...

A shame I couldn't survive till the end but I really enjoyed the mission.

If I can make it, i will be back on Tuesday!

Pepsi

Aqarius
Host

Post by Aqarius »

Things I heard over comms immediately after dying during yesterday's session:
"-Fuck, B2 cease fire, cease fire!!! SL, come in! SL? Aqarius?"
"-Did I get him?"
"-Never seen AI shoot an RPG that fast. -I think that was Shado."

GG, FA. GG. :argh:
[/allegedly]

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Was great to see a lot of old hands back, and a solid 30+ turnout. :jihad:

Really loved the run of Chain Lightning, unfortunately shot my own team member, RedMike, in the closing phase of the mission (sorry :( )

Hedgehogs went better than usual, as did Rebel Alliance Part 4. Overrun's music is so god damn tension-inducing! Huzzah II was a bit disorganized towards the end but I think we were all tired by then :D
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Hedgehogs
Pepsi wrote:We took cover behind a burned out vehicle, but i peaked out on the wrong side
Heh, I'll take responsibility for that. Alpha 1 had been making such steady progress towards the enemy that after GeEom died I kinda just kept going. This lead to Alpha 1, now under my command, taking up position on the airfield while Alpha 2 sat outside in the forest north of us. An encounter with a Marid and a friendly fire incident later (no casualties from either, thankfully; plus I finally got to shout "HOLD FIRE!") and A2 joined us in our forward position, where we then secured actual positions in the airfield as Bravo did something else somewhere else (like kill the Marid or something).
Note to self: play less Battlefield 1 before the session, it puts me in the "if I charge at them they're less likely to shoot me" mindset.

Overrun
darkChozo and I survived! A very entertaining run, mainly because of FT banter, but also Ralian ending up on the roof of his building after an encounter with a GMG (he posted this in Discord, so I assume it's okay if I post it here: https://youtu.be/eEIkD5RMQSw).

Huzzah II
Still recovering from the previous mission, this mission was also full of silliness and FT banter. Rather uneventful on the enemy side of things though, except for a few encounters with enemy autocannons (RIP Alpha and Bravo Vics). Despite losing our squad vehicles, we still completed the mission, borrowing a disabled enemy IFV at one point to assist in clearing buildings.

Strumpie

Post by Strumpie »

As A2 FTL in Hedgehogs my "greatest" moment was when my entire fireteam were pinned behind a half-stone wall by an HMG and being told by AJAX,
'It's totally safe you guys, stand up!' (After being sent there by AJAX, under protestation by myself)

Sending Red Paddy first, we one by one ran for the nearest cover. All was well until Miloki's (AKA Goat) turn, whereupon standing he instantly sat back down after a .50 round entered his brain case in front of my face.

RIP
AFM OR BUST