[Tue] 17 Jan 2017 (Engine Limitations)

How we died (in the future)
Freyja
Host

[Tue] 17 Jan 2017 (Engine Limitations)

Post by Freyja »

Another glorious milestone for our friends in green/brown has been reached. This marks the first ever Tuesday session to be run on January 17 in the year 2017! A big round of applause to the 18 brave pioneers, we could not have achieved this milestone without you.

Our brave warriors seen here collaboratively detailing their experiences on the frontier.

So it turns out that the solution to the IFV texture fatally not loading was to restart the server. Isn't technology marvelous.

Runlist: Remember to check out our lovely audio-visual information registry over at this here place!

Ciaran

Re: [Tue] 17 Jan 2017 (Engine Limitations)

Post by Ciaran »

The session unfortunately came to an end about an hour after OP, following two runs of Offline Banking and another run of Land on the Horizon.

Stratis-eola
Apparently I'm slightly blind, and didn't see TotalLegitREMIX as he shot me.

Land on the Horizon (Sling Loaded Edition)
Netkev decided to run 1 helo for 2 fireteams and CO, so the helo had to make multiple runs. Of course, with Shado' flying, a crash was inevitable, and sure enough he crashed on his second landing, while the rest of us were messing around at the base waiting for him to return.
We then realised that because the helo was one seat short, it'd need to make a third run. Having waited at base for over 5 minutes already, I came up with the genius solution of sling loading CO and I (medic) on a quad bike. Possibly the greatest idea I've ever had, and also probably the most fun mission insertion I've ever had.

Budget Issues
Rather than making futile attempts to illuminate the enemy with the flares, I sat and fired them at our helos, so they bounced off and lit up a large area surrounding them, so we could at least see where we were going. I think this is a much more effective use of them, as it's impossible to light up the enemy with them (the flares run out before the reach any sort of altitude where they would illuminate enemies).

AbderaCadabra
We were sat across a valley, approximately 500m from the town. We had a good BoF, but the enemy had HMG turrets, which tend to win in a long range firefight. We therefore took dramatic losses, despite dumping probably several thousand rounds at the enemy, between us.
I then picked up a Mk200 from Lexer's corpse. There happened to about 20 spare 6.5mm boxes in the truck and Qilin combined, and a good position, next to the aforementioned corpse, to shoot from. Mass destruction of enemy assets followed (we still lost though, mainly because GeEom decided to kill Estel and I, the two remaining men).

Offline Banking
This is an amazing Adversarial. I think the shop positions could do with being dynamic (something like Shado''s cache spawning script (see HSLD III) could be butchered for such a purpose), with there being relatively few Strumpie and I could remember where most were. I loved the underhand tactics of the Syndikat side on the second run, but unfortunately I figured out their plan, then drove around as an undercover agent, at one point following them for 20 seconds as Teifiterror looked at me confused.
23:20 - GeEom: MAXIMUM OVER STEALTH
Last edited by Ciaran on Thu Jan 19, 2017 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Teifiterror
Host

Post by Teifiterror »

Offline Banking

Shado has kindly offered to help make all necessary improvements to ensure confusion remains at the heart of the mission :).

Great session as always, land on the horizon was excellent until our R&R was interrupted by being ordered into battle. It quickly transpires that a lack of combat leads Folk ARPS fighters to become their own versions of Rambo as we generally wandered around the battlefield looking for anything to shoot at. Maybe as FTL I should have commanded and not joined in the shenanigans as much :).

estel

Post by estel »

Offline banking was really super.

stonie

Post by stonie »

My Folk ARPS visual archive:
2017|2018|2019|2020|2021