[Sun] 19 February 2017 (Broken arrow)

How we died (in the future)
Aqarius
Host

[Sun] 19 February 2017 (Broken arrow)

Post by Aqarius »

A brilliant, handsome, and capable group of 27 comrades joined us today in our fight, in which we blasted, shot, and bled our way into a brighter future for all.

Well, all survivors, anyway.

Runlist:
  • Hill 119
  • Red Storm
  • Hit and Run
  • Red Tigers part 1
  • Red Tigers part 2
  • Red Tigers part 3
  • Castle Doctrine
[/allegedly]

Pooter
Host

Re: [Sun] 19 February 2017 (Broken arrow)

Post by Pooter »

For the first time ever we successfully recorded a replay using OCAP. Although only 1 mission was successfully recorded, it did work.

Visit http://server.folkarps.com/ocap/index.php to see it.

Grumpy

Post by Grumpy »

cool!

Teifiterror
Host

Post by Teifiterror »

Loving that! Also enjoyed the session, proving that helicopters are not essential to fun :)

Hill 119 - Some miscommunication on my part led Alpha 1 to storm the hill a bit earlier than commander Netkev had intended, however the brave Alpha 1 fireteam bravely stormed the southern bunkers only to head to the roof and get mown down by a might HMG that was clearly superior in all aspects.

Red Storm - Our fireteam leader Geeom died quickly (as his is way), i took command which consisted of me turning around and screaming run away while under a hail of GMG and HMG fire of which one of them made contact and turned me into a seagull floating over the battlefield to watch what can only be described as chaos. High points were watching the attack help nearly crash on aquarius's head, a panther decide to do multiple flips to 100m in the air, and a T100 try and ram costno through a fence before being destroyed in a hail of rocket fire that also took out a nearby tower.

Hit and Run - Confused and speedy, always the most entertaining. If only that road sign hadn't taken my head off on the drive back to safety.

Red Tigers (Series) - Love the series, make for nice quick ops which had some intense little firefights. Despite my attempts to kill of Bravo 1 they managed to survive the mangrove swamp of doom and before we even reached the compound victory was ours, second went well with our superior base of fire although A1 were eradicated by a single GP round (spacing) from an unknown foe. Less said about the third the better.
Red Tigers part 2
Red Tigers part 3
Castle Doctrine

Ciaran

Post by Ciaran »

Red Storm
And now, the AAR, brought to you by Discord:
[2:29 PM] SuicideKing: And my god when that Kajman opened up
[2:31 PM] Aqarius: fuck when it opened up, it was directly over my head when it started falling
[2:32 PM] Teifiterror: Ah it was you we were thinking might die from it falling
[2:33 PM] Aqarius: I'm trying to shoot it, but can't because I can't raise my gun enough. I'm looking at it, trying to think of something, and see one of the rotors start slowing down
[2:34 PM] Aqarius: and suddenly, I'm an extra in a Schwarzenegger movie
[2:35 PM] Teifiterror: Wonder who took the rotors out
[2:36 PM] SuicideKing: Ciaran or Netkev, I think
[2:36 PM] SuicideKing: They were shooting all the guns
[2:40 PM] Ciaran: Netkev and I put about 300 .50s into it between us
[2:41 PM] Ciaran: Zitron had died and Pooter chose the perfect moment to restart his game, so I, the driver, had to switch to gunner
[2:42 PM] Ciaran: Kajman then made every component of the APC red, so I bailed and got downed 30cm away from it; somehow survived anyway
[2:43 PM] Ciaran: Also: that poor poor panther
[2:44 PM] Ciaran: Bravo Vic and *cough* its crew deserve a medal
[3:12 PM] SuicideKing: How did Zitron die
[3:12 PM] SuicideKing: He was in a freaking APC
[3:12 PM] SuicideKing: Commander, even
[3:12 PM] SuicideKing: Everything is not a T-34 dammit :P
[3:13 PM] Zitron: i got out to assess the situation like a competent commander
[4:06 PM] Ciaran: Zitron got out because I tried to reverse the APC and physics did a thing
[4:07 PM] Ciaran: Those of you in Bravo may remember me screaming about the god damn tracked vehicle physics over direct
[4:07 PM] Aqarius: so, how did BV get set right anyway?
[4:09 PM] Ciaran: Ajax moved it, so it of course ended up slightly embedded into the floor. As we all know from high school physics, this means the vic, Pooter still inside, was fired like 80m into the air
[4:09 PM] Ciaran: Undeterred by his failure, AJAX tried again
[4:09 PM] Ciaran: With similar result
[4:43 PM] Ciaran: We haven't even mentioned the Kamysh using ramming speed against us yet
[4:44 PM] Ciaran: Hit us at like 60km/h, disabled both tracks, turret and gun
[4:46 PM] SuicideKing: I couldn't actually see it next to BV
[4:46 PM] SuicideKing: maybe you had moved by then
[4:53 PM] Ciaran: I have no idea what happened to it, I assumed it was just deleted. We'd disabled its gun a few minutes earlier, but had no way of killing it ourselves
[4:56 PM] Aqarius: didn't it somehow blow up at one point?
[5:03 PM] Strumpie: The gods were watching over you
How Bravo Vic, Pooter and I survived this mission is testament to the will and determination of the Party to succeed.

Hit and Run
No money was stolen.
Pictured: Me, looking operator as fuck as usual. Credit: SK for screenie
Pictured: GeEom, staring blankly at Solomon's corpse, realizing the horrors of war
Pictured: The above, from a different angle. Credit: Estel for screenie
And, photograph of Solomon as requested by the mission briefing: