[Tue] 6 June 2017 (Get off the Beach)

How we died (in the future)
Costno
Host

[Tue] 6 June 2017 (Get off the Beach)

Post by Costno »

19 brave soldiers came by sea and by air to attempt to capture vital positions and towns from occupied France Mediterranean islands. Despite taking heavy losses on the beach, we were able to secure a foothold on Stratis, in time for some tea. Our fellow comrades in the airborne infantry were not so lucky securing the crossroads on Altis. Later missions were on Tanoa, and featured a lot of terrible weather.

Runlist:
  • Tea Time
  • Crossroads (Airborne Infantry Platoon of Theseus edition)
  • Skirmish Tanoa
  • Ruse Cruise
  • Lumberjacked
  • Shipping Problems
  • Realistic Mission
We demoed a new spectator system today in the first mission, any feedback from those who died on whether they liked it more or less than the old system is greatly appreciated.

Come one come all to the Folk ARPS raffle, the only place on the Internet where you can donate money to the Folk ARPS server maintenance fund and get something in return!

Rejoice comrade! No longer should you fear forgetting the events of missions, as the party keeps excellent records of all instances of friendly-fire glory!
http://server.folkarps.com/r3/

NikkoJT
Host

Re: [Tue] 6 June 2017 (Get off the Beach)

Post by NikkoJT »

To be honest I prefer the old camera.

The new one doesn't show AI (which is fairly important), and doesn't have the slower speed settings - it only goes Fast or Very Fast. The old one has a slower base speed, and automatically slows down when you're near the ground, which makes it much easier to look inside buildings and inspect things closely.
FA missions & session host. Tank appreciater.

DirtyHarry

Post by DirtyHarry »

Mission:The one with the Ghost hawks and big boat
Role: Grunt
TL;DR: Casual walk through the neighbourhood; .

Join CSAT special forces they said. It'll be fun they said. You wont have to do a hole lot they said. Well, let me tell you; they were absolutely right! (at least for A2 (more on that later))

I have broken my sweat more in a supermarket. My brain has been harder taxed watching a children's tv show. My ass has...you get the idea. This was mission was a breeze and I put all the credit to its success to our glorious leaders and sparsity of enemy contact.

The mission began with the usual low brow, shit banter we have all come to take for granted. Something about "kill, kill, kill" "no, you can't use your bazooka yet" "Stop or i'll shoot" that sort of thing.

We advanced onto the objective harbour town using the tried and tested tactical blob for the most part before arranging ourselves into a more useful, split, tactical blob. Pooter was my FTL and would occasionally say things. They have been orders...they have been comments about the weather; I'm honestly not sure which.note: Execute Pooter. Send Harry to the potato fields for hard labour.

Gradually we progressed onto the harbour, where we came accross our first Ghost hawk. It was manned, as in, there was someone firing a 2000rd/min minigun at us. This may have been an issue if it wasn't for Zitron's infantry combat doctrine #034: How to engage and destroy any MG emplacement. Its a Hardback, single page manual with about 2 lines of text and a badly drawn diagram. It states that in order to defeat a MG position, you "Attack straight on. Peaking is advised but not necessary". Fortunately for A2, Zitron (the author of said doctrine) was on hand to give a live demonstration. He killed the helicopter gunner and we were able to advance.

Once clear, A2 took the initiative note: initiative is considered mutiny, round up A2 for summary execution and proceeded onto the next Ghost hawk. Boarding it, we set off towards the NATO Aircraft carrier like a titanium, flying trogan horse. (at this point, GeEom died). Netkev and Pooter engaged the Deck crew enemy with their Miniguns "Brrrrp, BRRRRRRRRRRRP, BrrrrRRRRrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRp, Brrrrp, BRRRRRRP, Brrrrp, BRRRRRRRRRRRP, BrrrrRRRRrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRp, Brrrrp, BRRRRRRP, Brrrrp, BRRRRRRRRRRRP, BrrrrRRRRrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRp, Brrrrp, BRRRRRRP, Brrrrp, BRRRRRRRRRRRP, BrrrrRRRRrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRp, Brrrrp, BRRRRRRP.........Brrrrp." note: Excellent attention to detail. Execute Harry on suspicion of working for the enemy

We arrived on the Deck, finished off the rest of the crew, did some..wait, who are you? why have you got that gun. no! please! I am no spy! AHHHH you shot me! nooooo please i have Goat, who will look after the goat?! Ahhh, noo! you shot me. Kheeee keehhhhh! bleeehh, bleeeeeeee..........bleh.

Professional Try-hard.

Costno
Host

Post by Costno »

If people are wondering just how easy it is to walk past the enemy on Tanoa in the rain at night, just observe:
http://server.folkarps.com/r3/share/42

zitron

Post by zitron »

Netkev saw you walk past them, he chose not to shoot, I guess to wait for a better opportunity. The incompetence is in the decision not the observation :D.