[Tue] 05 Dec 2017 (Deja Vu)

How we died (in the future)
Teifiterror
Host

[Tue] 05 Dec 2017 (Deja Vu)

Post by Teifiterror »

We had some fun with 14 comrades showing up. Including quite a few new faces!

We played :
  • Short Straw
  • Intel Inside
  • Castle Doctrine
  • Hot Fuzz
  • Operation Bluesword

Afterparty :
  • Helicopters
As always, comments are most welcome below. Also, if you have a nice story be sure to tell it. Videos are always much appreciated, and will be appropriated by our propaganda departement if you tell us about them.

Check out the replays here. The Party sees everything, comrade. :cop: http://server.folkarps.com/r3/

If you think commanding seems like fun, yet hesitate because you worry that you won't come up with a reasonable plan on such short notice, then check out our leadership programme.

Did you notice that some vehicles/players had way cool FA Tractors on them tonight? That's because of the power of our squad tags. Get yours whilst stocks last.

audiox
Host

Re: [Tue] 05 Dec 2017 (Deja Vu)

Post by audiox »

Short Straw
I got to do the wonderful "lets juggle fireteam-leading and attachments and an IFV"-thing as Comrade Aqarius died on our first advance. And he wasn't even leading from the front for once!
It went reasonably well. I'll be honest, i pretty much know what that mission has in it, (though i had forgotten about the helicopters). Which is also why i wanted to leg it to the final bit once we made it off the hill. All in all it was fun, and ended in panicked confusion with bullets everywhere and people being wounded everywhere just as it always does.

Intel Inside
I really like these kinds of missions. Short, to the point, and with interesting options of approach. Also a post-capture counterattack to deal with and objectives that requires a little trigger discipline. Good stuff. I promptly forgot about the trigger discipline and had everybody with grenade launchers nuke the place though.... :cop:
My fireteams were easy to work with and we got to do a bunch of fire and maneuver and got to worry about some slow paced situational awareness. 360 security is your friend, comrade!
Also credit to Comrade Tick for volunteering for the suicide mission. :dance: