[Tue] 17 April 2018 (Think Tanks)

How we died (in the future)
Aqarius
Host

[Tue] 17 April 2018 (Think Tanks)

Post by Aqarius »

Tonight, 18 special operators engaged in shooting, driving, some light war crimes, and plenty of blue on blue.
  • Operation trojan
  • Port Royale
  • Kaiju
  • Stand Alone
All missions are recorded for the trials posterity in our very own R3 mission records database, to be relived over and over in your PTSD flashbacks.
[/allegedly]

NikkoJT
Host

Re: [Tue] 17 April 2018 (Think Tanks)

Post by NikkoJT »

Operation Trojan (ASL)
My leadership for our success in this mission almost makes up for what happened later.

Almost.

Port Royale (AG1 driver)
This mission proceeded well, apart from the mortars, with Flying and Lexer providing effective fire support from our Rhino. God knows what the infantry were doing. Getting mortared probably. The CO stepped on a mine 3 minutes in, so comms fell apart a bit.
Then I got out to repair mortar damage, and another set of mortars landed, well, in me.
Then whoever took over driving beached the Rhino on a 2ft wall. MEDIOCRE.

Kaiju (Echo 2 gunner)
Okay, so...first off, an apology to Echo 1. I alt-tabbed, but Arma didn't properly release mouse focus, so when I clicked, the gun went off. While it was aiming at the back of Echo 1's vic. With an ATGM loaded.
Yeah.
Really sorry about that. It must have sucked to miss most of the mission because of an accident.

However, the rest of the mission was pretty fun. I realise I say that as the missionmaker playing my own mission, but still. Props to Lexer for giving us plenty of terrifying enemies to slay and be slain by. Even if some of them were in the wrong camo...

TEIFI: "Good mission by the way"
ME: "thanks"
ME: "wanna know the exact range to netkev's ass?"

Stand Alone (ST sniper)
About the only time I've ever managed to get the sniper slot. Went pretty well, I think. Got a few kills, then held security while the others tried, and failed, to engage a very angry T-140.

While retreating, Netkev shot me in the back of the head.

NETKEV: "Sniper Team, are you marked on the map?"
ME: "Affirmative."
NETKEV: "...hey, that guy has a pistol!"
ME (carrying pistol): ???
NETKEV: "HE LOOKED AT ME" [gunfire]
ME: "AH FUCK"

I probably deserved it.
FA missions & session host. Tank appreciater.