[Sun] 20 Jan 2019 (Operation Submarine Sideswipe)

How we died (in the future)
audiox
Host

[Sun] 20 Jan 2019 (Operation Submarine Sideswipe)

Post by audiox »

We were a merry bunch of 16-18 people who got to spend a lot of time flying around windmills, whereafter i was somewhat dismayed by the lack of utilization of Ciarans horrid horrid GMG-contraption.

We got to play :
  • Tilting At Windmills North
  • Tilting At Windmills South
  • Hopefulessness
  • Rebel Alliance IX
  • Drug Factory

Be sure to check out the R3 Mission Replay System where all of tonight's missions (direct links above) have been faithfully recorded, and can be relived over-and-over again for years to come.

Also leave any feedback for our wonderful mission makers in #mission_feedback on DIscord, or the appropriate forum thread.

Notice some people had fancy Folk ARPS patches on their arms and vehicles. Get yours today! Also talk to a host today to get one on TS as well!

Always wanted some FA swag? Well now you can! Head over here to learn about the Party's new t-shirts, made from 100% Comrade-ness.

One last thing! If you would like to contribute to the server fund that allows FA to keep running sessions, you can utilise the Party's new and improved organ donation service (powered by Stripe), or PayPal your last grubby potato to server-fund@folkarps.com.

Freyja
Host

Re: [Sun] 20 Jan 2019 (Operation Submarine Sideswipe)

Post by Freyja »

RAT in Windmills: Separate teamspeak version
MMG Lead in Windmills: Lumpy teamspeak version

Being RAT in the separated TS variant worked out quite well as the fireteam was able to banter freely without SLs conversations to bravo being blocked out and the like. Can recommend on longer, less deadly, slow burn missions like Windmills.

As an added benefit, the SL could not be interpreted by the fireteam members on the fly and so the rate of following of the FTLs plans was higher.

Spyritdragon

Re: [Sun] 20 Jan 2019 (Operation Submarine Sideswipe)

Post by Spyritdragon »

Today, I learned that my helicopter flying skills have deteriorated severely over the course of the past bit of time. I also learned that landing on 30 degree inclines is not easy and is to be avoided.

I also learned that assistant autorifleman does not in fact mean you are also an autorifleman.
This made me sad. Particularly because it took up until the point my rifle ran out of rounds after 30 shots for me to actually notice the fact.

Finally, I learned that there are small but actually not so small and very important differences between IFV's and LSV's, and that Ifrits are most definitely not LSVs.

Sometimes I wonder who put me in charge of holding a firearm. I've got to be up for some kind of court martialling by now.

Teamspeak-wise:

Divided teamspeak teams:
Pros:
- Less reliant on ARMA VON, which is cool
- Creates a firmer separation between leadership communications and fireteam communications - which can lead to better cohesion and obeying of FTL
Cons:
- CC is not 100% intuitive to use and currently often not looked at too much, leading to potentially very difficult transfers of command from a late fireteam leader to an actual fireteam leader.
- Aforementioned may also well lead to difficulty filling the already-difficult-to-fill leadership slots
- Diminished ability for fireteam members to execute the mission or maintain situational awareness in case of spotty/new FTL

Blobbed teamspeak teams:
Pros:
- Doesn't have the cons of divided teamspeak teams
Cons:
- Doesn't have the pros of divided teamspeak teams