Headspace's DCS Training Videos

Flight sim sub-forums prior to 07 Nov 2014

Moderator: oldhosts

Headspace

Headspace's DCS Training Videos

Post by Headspace »

This thread will serve as a link repository for the various video guides I've made for DCS. The descriptions are basically cross-posts from my thread on the Eagle Dynamics forums. All of these are in my "DCS Instruction" playlist on YouTube.

Video 4 - Ground Attack With The Targeting Pod

The above video describes how to range targets and create more accurate markpoints with the targeting pod.

Video 3.1 - Landing Fundamentals Part 1

Video 3.2 - Landing Fundamentals Part 2

I made this fairly (as study sims go) newbie-friendly couple of vids to show how to land. Part 1 is a basic VFR approach from the pattern; Part 2 has a crosswind landing and missed approach + additional info on crab angle calculation. I have introduced my personal preferences into the procedures very slightly, so I'm sure it'll deviate from the official Landing training mission. But, this is how I usually do it. I am not going to get particularly hardcore in the landing series of vids, because they're meant to be a starting point to practice and not an encyclopedic repository of pitch-perfect landings.

Video 2 - The Trim System and MRFCS Part 1

Lately I've been experimenting with the trim system and MRFCS, and so I made a video about that. There was some confusion in the openbeta forum about how these systems work. It's also motivated by my desire not to end up in the state of confusion that I (and many others) were in about Black Shark's trimmer. I went into the A-10A manual that's linked in the "A-10 documentation" thread, read up on the trim/MRFCS topics in that, and then compared it to the functionality in the beta. The result was that it works as described in that document. Which is very cool. Please note that since the MFRCS is still a WIP item, I'm not going to do part 2 until there's either a good way to portray it as WIP, or until it's finished.

Video 1 - Multiple JDAM Drop Guide

The original JDAM video; shows the user how to launch multiple JDAMS and explains how the markpoint system can be used to input new navigation waypoints for flight plans.

Have fun! :hist101:

mort

Re: Headspace's DCS Training Videos

Post by mort »

Thanks for that Headspace I found those really interesting even though I don't have A10 yet.

BTW I should be having a fixed wing microlight lesson in January. If it goes well I hope it will be the first step towards getting my PPL :-)

mort

Post by mort »

Duplicate post removed

Headspace

Post by Headspace »

Haha awesome. What's a microlight? An ultralight?

mort

Post by mort »

Headspace wrote:Haha awesome. What's a microlight? An ultralight?
Think very stripped down Cessna 152 :-)