DCS A10 'dedicated' server

Flight sim sub-forums prior to 07 Nov 2014

Moderator: oldhosts

Gasman

Post by Gasman »

I have been running an A10 server for a while - 'Going Ugly' - which is usually left open.

As Folk A10 sessions seem to have fizzled out a bit - or just my attendance at them has - I'm going to propose Monday nights at 1900GMT as a euro fly slot and hope people can attend. If there are any missions you would like put on, let me know. If you find the server is down it's because the application will only run a day or two without crashing. Send me a message and I'll restart it.

F1yer

Re: DCS A10 'dedicated' server

Post by F1yer »

Ill be up for mondays 19:00 GMT. But as Fer suggested on Skype ->
Given that everyone keeps missing each other, and given the amount of chat that happens in here (and thus with scroll-back it's easy to miss stuff), we need to do more  co-ordination in the forum.
FYI, we can make polls in threads - so perhaps identify a few *specific* slot options and get a vote going
Maybe a poll is not such a bad idea to get this thing started again...

Gasman

Post by Gasman »

Ok, I got the distinct impression tonight's flight was not a complete success. Possibly because of our inability to avoid SAMs. ;)

I will continue to fly as often as I can, but also try to make Mon & Wed a regular slot. (I will be on call next Monday so might not be free)

We definitely need some more missions with AAA rather than so many SAMs. Please go and make some!!!

Tigershark

Post by Tigershark »

I am up for Monday and wednesday but if there are missions with SAMs in the objective (other than convoy protection) I will likely be giving them a miss. We could learn a lot from the folk session here in that have carefully selected, tested and balanced missions are what make the session a success.

I don't mind missions with SAMs as long as they are used appropriately (like in the weeds where they are used as a deterrent against flying high or deviating from the AO). But having the destruction of SAMs as a mission objective is not realistic nor is the a-10 equipped (or tasked) for such a mission.
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

Gasman

Post by Gasman »

If all stays as is I'm hoping to be home tonight for some flying around 1900 GMT. I've made a few changes to a mission we've previously flown, so we could do that. I've also started making a training mission which I'd like to test (if I get home in time to do a bit more before putting it on the server).

Hopefully I and at least a few others can make it tonight.