Getting an occasional DCS session going again

Flight sim sub-forums prior to 07 Nov 2014

Moderator: oldhosts

Macaco

Getting an occasional DCS session going again

Post by Macaco »

I'd like to see about getting some people together for more DCS fun. I have no ideas for times, days, servers etc, but I want to see peoples reception to this. How many people would be down for some DCS playing? Obviously we don't need a lot of people since this is DCS not arma, but the more the merrier!

Disclaimer: I'm mostly shit at A-10, I can start it up, take off, land, get guns on target, maybe the occasional bomb, but all the different functions of the CDU and TGPs are still a but beyond me. Also lately I've been forgetting something in my start up that gives me the proper hud and leaves a GCAS warning light on. But I still want to play with you guys!

Tigershark

Re: Getting an occasional DCS session going again

Post by Tigershark »

I'm in. I used to to have regular flights with a few guys during the weeknights. I may be online tomorrow afternoon (Sun) to fly as well.
Sticking feathers up your ass does not make you a chicken.

zitron

Post by zitron »

I may be around, let me know when.

StrangLove

Post by StrangLove »

I'd be happy to join in.

head

Post by head »

Downloading DCS at the moment.

I'd be up for some flying aswell.

jstutters

Post by jstutters »

I'm often available for some DCS A-10 or Black Shark (or Falcon BMS for that matter).

Macaco

Post by Macaco »

Looking at the schedule it would be hard to plan something that didn't conflict with other folk stuff. Tue and Sun are Arma, Saturday is mods, thursday is throwback, I guess Friday is now the ace/acre session with PA. That leaves monday and wednesday.

Anyone have a preference between those two? or if the people who want to play DCS aren't into one of those things then it opens up another day to us. There is also the issue of servers and missions. I think DCS doesn't do too bad with listen servers, but I have no missions for it other than whatever came with the game.

zitron

Post by zitron »

I can host, and have some missions.

I prefer not Wednesdays.

DarkTatka

Post by DarkTatka »

Im in guys, I have A10 and Combined Arms. I would actually prefer to play as CA rather then fly those death machines :)

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

I've been meaning to get back into DCS A-10, but time is sparse and I'd need to redo all the tutorials to remember how to use any of the systems... still, there's potential interest here.

How do MP missions go? It feels they wouldn't be particularly different than SP missions?