Vicarious mission making - ideas for Party engineers

Workshop for all Mission Engineer Comrades. Home of the FA Mission Making Template.
SuicideKing
Host

Re: Vicarious mission making - ideas for Party engineers

Post by SuicideKing »

Quickly going to jot down two more.

4. "Thunderbirds"

- coop/zeus
- infantry platoon + 2x A-10 CAS
- day time but maybe bad weather to make it interesting
- inspiration: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKXYheysE2M

We are NATO. Fight whoever, really, but maybe AAF/CSAT is best.

Situation: Infantry platoon gets ambushed in some town with forests nearby. Calls for help. A-10s fly over to provide CAS runs on incoming infantry, vics and helos. Infantry has to hold out until extract vehicle(s) arrives.

Extraction mechanic: either by AI through Supports module, scripted (CO calls for extract), or Zeus provided. Can be via helicopter or ground vehicles.

Infantry platoon strength: Not sure, probably 2 squads + CO + attachments. I'd expect to fill 1 squad at least. If it's Zeus then of course it's more flexible.

Aircraft: 2x A10s. Could maybe limit the number of guided munitions they have.

EDIT:
I've since come up with an alternative situation (that i like better). FIA have been pushed back by CSAT from Syrta and Zaros, and are holding out in Agios Dionysios. CTRG infantry are scrambled to reinforce them from the airport, which is under NATO control.

Mission will probably be about 40 mins to an hour long. A number of waves will come in. Will probably use a system similar to that used in "Mao, Mao!" to determine victory or defeat. Alternatively, could send in mechanised NATO units to relieve the platoon.

Might even be good to add a UCAV Sentinel for the UAV operator, to let them hunt for mortar teams and in general support CAS.

Illustration: https://imgur.com/Hju9ckl

***********************************************************************************************************************************

5. "Bats"

- coop/zeus
- named after https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VMFA(AW)-242
- infantry platoon + 2x Black Wasp CAS + unarmed Sentinel UAV
- Aircraft take off from carrier, UAV operator chills on the carrier.
- night, and maybe fog/bad weather too?
- probably in tanoa?
- F/A-181s get Scalpels instead of Macers, for the laser lock capability.

We are NATO/CTRG. Fight whoever, but probably CSAT (or Syndikat with CSAT support).

Situation: Not completely sure lol. Probably CTRG team doing some sneaky breaky shit. Take out a CSAT SAM site, maybe? Then fight through the jungle (sentinel should help here), some open spaces, find Katyushas being transferred to syndikat, etc. Jets keep aircraft, vehicles, infantry away from our platoon. Alternatively, could be taking over an airport or other important site.

Platoon composition: Standard infantry. Start near the objective so shouldn't have any real transport requirements. Maybe add some demo engineers depending on what you're doing.

Aircraft: 2x Future Hornets + Sentinel.
themiddlevoid.wordpress.com

Flying
Host

Post by Flying »

No Desserts
A special operations dining team is attacked by AAF forces while serving FIA insurgents at their FOC (Forward Operating Cafeteria). Survive until a QRF force comes from an allied airbase to stabilize the situation.

Type: Coop
Attackers: AAF AI
Defenders: Unmarked Special Operations Cooks, FIA Commandos, Unmarked QRF.

FIA and Cooks are armed with pistols, a couple 5.56 small arms hidden in a cooler, and little ammo. The setting should be a camp within a ruined town/city with a bunch of flattened buildings. The mission's feel should be reminiscent of Weekend Warriors.

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

New one from Party Chief-of-Staff-and-[REDACTED] Comrade Audiox. Let's call it Altis'11.

Urban Mine/IED/UXO clearing with integrated engineers. SL/M/ENG + FTL/AR/AR/RAT/R/ENG. Choose any suitable map with a suitable urban area.

Vehicles: IFVs or Tank. Mech ORBAT might be tricky given the numbers, so probably platoon level IFV/Tank. Audiox likes the Kuma, so probably a tank. [Could be innovative and add a bobcat too]

Suggested to make it Zeus.
maybe be an ass and set it at night with no nvg's, and then have a support overwatch heli with NVG's.
should technically be cool if there are enough streetlights.

SuicideKing
Host

Post by SuicideKing »

Another one! Let's call this one Comrade Aqarius' Secret Serbs, in honour of Aqarius and his sneaky Wargame tactics.

I'm feeling lazy so i'll just quote from Discord:
SuicideKingToday at 18:31
We take an objective or defend a town or something, but a squad goes around the back trying to find and destroy artillery vehicles. if they fail/are too slow, the main force starts getting shelled.

audioxToday at 18:32
hmmm, recon plus laser targeting plus cruise missiles to take them out, maybe.
Would be interesting to give the recon team the ASP-1 Kir, so probably a CSAT mission? Either start them at the location or let them insert by littlebird, although probably best to keep the overhead low (littlebird also conflicts with it being a CSAT mission). Recon should probably be a 4 person team. Idea should be that they take out small objectives by themselves, but for bigger groupings, call in a cruise missile... from a Russian sub.

Yes, it's a Russian mission now. I mean, could be a Chinese sub too. But now who gives Syndikat AAF Katyushas? Maybe it could be TAF/HIAF instead, counter-attacking a CSAT/Syndikat position or defending a location from CSAT. CSAT or Russia, whatever. NATO could be involved too. They gave AAF stuff to HIAF. Moral of the story is, CSAT Pacific uniforms are nice.

Well this became complicated...

Actually, I had a better idea. I think it may be better to do away with the "main force getting shelled" part since we don't have the numbers for it, even if I were to throw in AI there. So.

Mission: From Russia, With Love - III

Situation: NATO is assisting HIAF against Syndikat. CSAT isn't in direct confrontation with NATO yet. Russia wants to destabilize the situation. Spetsnaz squad + submarine sent in. They made it through without detection by [REDACTED].

ToD/Weather: Night, stormy.

Mission: Sneaky breaky night time attack through the jungle. Take out HIAF and NATO arty and SAM positions, exfil to safe zone (bribed IDAP folks for boats?).

ORBAT: 1x Alpha Squad + Demo team. ASL gets UAV operator and/or JTAC to call in cruise missiles. All silenced weapons. Riflemen get future VSS. No AT. Everyone else gets AK12s.

Enemy: HIAF, NATO, Gendarms. Civies will call in Gendarms if they see us. Only NATO should have NVGs, I think. Maybe heavy Gendarms too? Could have one or two police patrol boats going around the island.

Friendly: IDAP? Syndikat? Will only really be used for exfil (bribed unit), but maybe could add them for ambient fighting, in which case Syndikat should be hostile (since they don't know about Russian involvement).

Mechanics:
1. Civies report you to police, which will send a few police cars to your location (probably will have to script this smartly. say they come to the nearest road position, etc. and then dismount and search nearby?).

2. if you take out the patrol within a minute of them detecting you, then it's cool, otherwise they send in more heavily armed folks. This Might Get Complicated if you make it sufficiently dynamic.

3. destroying targets will likely result in reinforcements, either airborne or ground troops. Maybe make it such that NATO is mostly reinforcement?

4. Intensity of reinforcements should increase with each objective destroyed. Again, could get slightly complicated if the objectives are done free of order, but that should be solvable with markers/logic for waypoint positions.

5. Exfil via stolen boat provided by bribed officials. Of course that means you have to fight your way out...

:science101: