Clientside addons compatible with FA

All Party-approved topics welcome
wolfenswan

Clientside addons compatible with FA

Post by wolfenswan »

A collection of clientside addons used by FA players.

If you're looking for a convenient way to launch ARMA with ADDONS check out Head's A3 and A2 Launcher.

Essential Useful Goodies
  • - JSRS Soundmod + Patch- everything sounds better
    - mk4_nvAdjust - rarely necessary but good to have sometimes
    - mk4_ATSightsGuide - not using it that much but it's a great ressource if you're not that experienced with AT
    - WarFX: Blastcore - this makes ArmA prettier but also alters the way *you* see the smoke of smoke grenades etc. This means that you'll perceive smoke as covering an area where other people might not.
Content/Overhauls Non-arma
Last edited by wolfenswan on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mike

Re: Client-side mods I'm using

Post by mike »

Here are some other ones I can add to that list:

mk4_ui_chat
Gives the chat channels proper colors. For example: group = green, direct = pink

mk4_orbat
Adds a custom page to the briefing screen where you can see the organization of your side

Whisper_plugin
Makes CC chat bearable in ts3 by putting it only on your right ear, and if you have enabled your sound-pack volume in ts3 settings you'll hear beeps too!

mk4_mapInfo
Shows the grid ref and height above sea level of your mouse cursor on the map screen.

Ferrard Carson

Post by Ferrard Carson »

Hey mike, do you know if your TS whisper plugin will work with 3.0.9.2? Since the update, I haven't been able to get that to work, so I've fallen back on my ACRE install of TS (de-ACRE'd, of course) that's still on 3.0.8.1

~ Ferrard
"Take a boat in the air you don't love, she'll shake you off just as sure as the turnin' of the worlds. Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down, tells you she's hurtin' before she keels... makes her home."

mike

Post by mike »

A new version for my whisper plugin. New bug fixes included:

Click

harakka

Post by harakka »

Thanks Mike, greatly appreciated.
Me and him, we're from different ancient tribes. Now we're both almost extinct. Sometimes you gotta stick with the ancient ways, the old school ways. I know you understand me.

m0ntag

Re: clientside addons

Post by m0ntag »

I think that everyone needs to have SThud and STmovement because those two are darn near essential. They can be a lifesaver in some cases, in my experience. Digital Compass is good too and very handy. I do so love the modding community of ARMA. Little things like this that make a world of difference.
I don't like the term 'Medic'. I prefer 'Fun Enabler' or 'Maximum Fun Ensurance Counselor'. What's more fun than being shot once? Being shot twice.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/m0ntag
whitesymphonia wrote:I know that I can count on m0ntag to save my ass when wounded...

Anvilfolk

Re: Clientside addons compatible with FA

Post by Anvilfolk »

Hi,

My addons (in particular STHud, STMovement and JSRS) don't appear to be working. I can confirm that they are loaded since I see them listed under "extensions" (after disconnecting from an FA session), but I don't get the hud with my squad-mates. The sounds are also rather bland, though I haven't had time to properly test JSRS offline.

I am using Play withSIX as a launcher, and have all mods downloaded through there. I've got STHud, STMovement and JSRS as ArmA 2 mods, not as part of another modpack (such as ACE, I44, etc). When I join the FA server, it will ask me to load extra addons (CBA, ASR_AI, MK4, etc), and I'll accept. Then, it will give me an error like "MK4_fix_hud requires sthud_somethingorother". I can get the exact message later. After that it launches fine, but again, movement is still clunky, no squad tactical awareness and crappy sounds.

Has anyone else had this issue? Right now I am leaning towards a problem with the order of loading mods (if it makes a difference), or to Play withSIX having older versions of the mods. I'd like to avoid having to figure it all out by launching the game a million different ways :)

Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

wolfenswan

Post by wolfenswan »

Just to make sure: You're using CBA and it's set to load before everything else (this shouldn't be necessary but better safe than sorry etc.)

Stoner

Post by Stoner »

Anvilfolk,

Are you using the Steam version or retail?
Bitte töte mich nicht

Anvilfolk

Post by Anvilfolk »

Hi both,

I am using retail, and all the CBA addons do appear to be loaded. What order should they appear in when I click "Expansions" in-game? Any idea how I force them to load before others?

I think it's probably time to try some other launcher for ArmA 2...